• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 mattnh

mattnh

• Regular Group
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:All things NFA...

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:09 PM

The channel was replaced, trunnion was fine. They replaced just about everything, the top cover received new components. The entire build/upgrade ran about 10K. That was in 2005.

There was no DO at that time, it was USORD and they were still located near the old rodeo grounds north of I-80.

BTW, the current owner of the RIA Postie M60. Received the LMG in 1990 from a SOT in his area...

BTW, I would assume you got a new E4 mod0 topcover as well since an E4 cam arm won't fit into an original M60 topcover (or even into an E3 topcover).

In retrospect, perhaps a better deal than what you thought...

#22 fifthmdec

fifthmdec

• Regular Group
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:37 PM

This is what I received. Yes, I did get a good deal, no complaints. Considering that in the original configuration, it didn't even cycle past one round...

New op rod, feed tray; not sure if they used he same top cover. If a new one was needed, then they used one that was new.

Anyway, I'll post photos of the RIA when I except transfer.

Appreciate all the input as always...

Attached Files

#23 MG08

MG08

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:04 PM

Any idea on approximate cost for a rebuild with out an upgrade to E4/E6 ?

#24 ANARCHIST

ANARCHIST

• Regular Group
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:23 PM

Any idea on approximate cost for a rebuild with out an upgrade to E4/E6 ?

I could not get them to reply to email or call back, i was thinking a E6 config I am getting older I need a lighter M60. 

I know the post was started of RIA guns, my dealings with David Reese back in the late 80's early 90's was great, I had one ran 20k rounds of (at that time $109 1k delivered from Paragon Sales blaster ammo) through the RIA the pin went bad for the cartridge guide in top cover he sent me a new top cover free of charge, I later sold the gun, I used that gun weekly back in those days.

#25 DINK

DINK

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:20 AM

Five years ago I upgraded my E1 to E6 configuration and the total was 11K.  They took the bare receiver (which was pretty worn) and returned a complete M60E6 that was in new condition.  If I remember correctly, the upgrade kit was 8K and the rebuild was 3K.

Edited by DINK, 14 June 2020 - 06:21 AM.

#26 mattnh

mattnh

• Regular Group
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:All things NFA...

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:23 AM

No worries with an Erb trunnion......they were as good as Maremont......you could say!   LOL

LOL, yeah, no doubt about that...