Photo
- - - - -

Ot: Why Doesn't Anyone Make A Ppsh Semi-auto?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:21 AM

Why doesn't anyone make a semi-auto version of the Soviet PPSH41 or PPSH43?

There is a semi-auto version of almost everything else; why not these guns? There are plenty of drums for the gun, and a PPSH41 would even be legal under the now expired AWB.

Norm huh.gif

#2 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:46 AM

Norm,..Interordnance and Military Gun Supply both are making semi ppsh 41s...I have one for assembly on the work bench right now...I believe that they modify a real receiver. The one from IO does require some additional parts and bolt modification,don`t know about MGS. I was trying to re-modify the receiver to build a post sample because there is a lot more to work with rather than use a pos/atf torch cut receiver.PPS 43 is also available from the some suppliers.hth... wink.gif

#3 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:03 PM

21 smoker,

Thanks for the info.

I don't know why I couldn't find it through an internet search; maybe I wasn't looking hard enough! slap.gif

Norm

#4 consult4745

consult4745

• Regular Group
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:14 PM

Norm,
Allied Armament is selling these (or taking orders) on their website. Cost is around $700.00. Let us hear how you like it. I was tempted...

Cotton