Transferable Philly Ord 28

My guess is it is a crap shoot. Unless you know about the builder - his rep for building to print (and what print did he use?) - you are gambling.

I think the material used by Phili Ord is fine. assuming the machining operations did not destroy it's properties.

Again, the overwhelming factor is how well made the gun is. My personal guess is that WH recievers are better made on production equipment with their checks than a single person could do on his own (what type?) equipment. Add a GI parts kit and you have the same thing. We all know how good the $595 parts kits are.

Maybe someone with one of these that was made by the same seller could chime in...

and as far as transferrable, I have no idea on that one!

QUOTE (philasteen @ Feb 22 2006, 10:33 AM)
Considering it's not much cheaper than a C&R M1A1 and more than a West Hurley gun, this is not one I'd be running after.

Where are the cheap WHs you speak of?

I just thought I'd toss my 2 cents into the mix here.....

I have a Philly Ord M1A1 that was built by Philly Ord and it is really nice. I'd take it over a Westy any day. I also have a 28A1 that I built from a Philly Ord dummy and while its really nice it took a lot of work to get there. The statements made about not knowing who actually built it are very valid. If you really are interested in the gun you should go look at it in person and decide for yourself. The material Philly Ord makes the dummy/blank receivers out of is equal to or better than the original mil spec so thats not a problem. You just need to make sure that the machinist who finished out the receiver did a good job. Check to see if the cuts for the blish lock were put in. I've seen a couple postys that did not have them and its not a good thing. I had to fix one gun that was scratch built from bar stock because the M1 bolt he was using hammered the rear of the receiver and cracked it. I welded it back up and put the blish cuts in and 6000rds later its still looking good. I think that the lock does do something and should not be left out.

Check to make sure the feedramp is right and the thing has a good surface finish. For the money he's asking it should be really good.....

Like I said, just my 2 cents.

Frank

I am the builder of this receiver. I got the unfinished receiver from a dealer in Minnesota. I worked for Group Ind. in the early 80's working on Uzi's,

.50 and .30 Brownings, BAR's and the Group Thompsons. I got the prints from Doug Richardson. The gun was at Tracie Hill's show several years ago. I have fired over 5,000

rds. through it. It works flawlessly. Carson Yeates If you have any more questions, you can contact me at 502-363-5373

QUOTE (philasteen @ Feb 22 2006, 02:16 PM)
Here's a 1928 WH for $100 more ask that's been unsold for a while:

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale....cgi?read=70219

That is my point..... Obiviously not interested in selling it for less... I think the 10 or 11K WH days are gone excluding the "underpriced" sales.... My buddy recently bought a real deal select fire Astra.... Price ? A whopping $3,800.... They had one on Sturm right after he bought it for 35K..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nutkick.gif So there are good buys still to be found.........

My point is that the replica of a replica is priced at the current "asking" replica price..... jmho

Heck, when and if I get my demilled/dewatted/to-be-rewatted overpriced paperweight done I'll probably be asking 12 or 13K for my SFAB gun........ Nick in TX wants 13K for his BroadHead Armory pin gun and it ain't even set up for select fire like mine is......