What is the average time it takes ATF to cash the tax stamp check?

Thompsonlover

I thought I read somewhere it usually happens a week or two after receiving your Form 4.

I also wonder how often they pick up the Form 4 applications from the post office.

Edited by Thompsonlover

The checks never even get to NFA Branch. You mail the paperwork to Portland, Oregon, where the checks are stripped out and processed. The paperwork is then shipped to West Virginia, where the forms are entered into the system and then left to "season" for 8 or 9 months.

Previously the checks were processed in Atlanta, GA, but I guess some senator in Oregon needed to hand out a few patronage jobs, so it got moved.

The checks never even get to NFA Branch. You mail the paperwork to Portland, Oregon, where the checks are stripped out and processed. The paperwork is then shipped to West Virginia, where the forms are entered into the system and then left to "season" for 8 or 9 months.

Previously the checks were processed in Atlanta, GA, but I guess some senator in Oregon needed to hand out a few patronage jobs, so it got moved.

Thanks for the info!

If the two senators from Oregon were aware checks for MACHINE GUN tax stamps were being processed in Portland, they would end the practice immediately. Trust me.

Edited by NFA amnesty

• 4 weeks later...