Hi everyone. I am also new to this forum. I too have just recently bought a used auto ordnance 1927-A1 Thompson. The dealer at the gun shop forewarned me of an issue with this gun. He said that it will mis-fire every 3rd round or so. I just took it out last weekend and as expected it did just that. I pulled the trigger and let off a good 3 or 4 rounds and the next would just click, click, click. I would manually eject and it would go again. It almost looks as if it doesn't sometimes fully cock itself automatically after a fired round. Sometimes the misfired round that comes out looks as if the firing pin isn't hitting hard enough. The gun dealer put a new firing pin in before i purchased it. I read a few trouble shooting tips on these Thompson's and it's seems like it's a common problem. It shoots very accurately and when the few shots that go off as should, it functions very smoothly. Im very excited to finally add this gun to my family of firearms. Any suggestions?? Please respond.

Welcome to the forum! As is noted above, there are some common issues with these rifles. Once tweaked, though, they will run well. You might consider sending your rifle off to someone who works on them regularly unless you have the experince/ability to fix the issues yourself.

actually if I remember. Theres a member here who had a similar problem and it was the extractor not allowing the round to sit flush on the bolt face that was the problem.

Thank you for the advice on that. When i field stripped the gun. I did notice that the extractor seemed a little too far in for the round to be seated flat against the bolt. I looked at the extractor to my 1911 same 45acp caliber, and it looked a little more out towards the edge. Where it should be. Ill see if I can push/pull the extractor more towards the outer edge and take it back out to the range. I cleaned the trigger group and gave everything a good little oiling. I can't wait to go back out to the range and see if it may have helped.

Welcome to the forum! As is noted above, there are some common issues with these rifles. Once tweaked, though, they will run well. You might consider sending your rifle off to someone who works on them regularly unless you have the experince/ability to fix the issues yourself.

thanks for the welcome. What twerking did you have to do with yours?? I bought mine in really good used condition. Mine is from Autoordanance. It was made in 1982. And in awesome shape for considering the age. The only bad thing is mine didn't come with a owner's manual, so everything that I've learned about it so far is from reading other people's reviews and Google and you-tube for troueshooting tips and disassemble/reassemble. Anything helps me.

Stake your extractor or have it pinned ... Otherwise it will eventually pop out and jam up your bolt.

do you know if the exctactor is supposed to be perfectly straight or if it has a little curve or bend to it?

Your extractor will have a slight bow in it to allow the flex it needs to go over the rim of the cartridge ... Staking it will keep it from popping out with misfeeds as they are prone to do.

post-260006-0-59674600-1555035466_thumb.jpg

Ok yes mine also has a slight bow to the extractor. How do i stake it?

I used a punch and put two stakes pictured here, and two further back on the extractor ... I can still remove the extractor if need be, but it has never popped out since I did this ... I believe some guys send their guns back to Kahr and they will pin the extractor ... But I have no first hand knowledge of this service ... Only what I have read.

post-260006-0-55611500-1555036852_thumb.jpg

Mine is a Kahr Auto Ordnance, also - Kahr bought the company - but was made in late 2017 and is an M1SB version (An M1A1 SBR). Mine had a bad sear and while it was in the shop they polished the feed ramp and milled the frame a bit to make it easier to break the rifle down.

Look at the rim around the bolt head!!!! Looks like it has been beat to death. That could be your problem!!!

yes I also noticed that too once i had taken the bolt completely out. It on the bottom side of the bolt. I'm wondering if it had something to do with misalignment and it hitting itself on the rim of the cartridge. Thank you for your advice.

My suggestion would be to purchase a complete new bolt and firing pin from Kahr and have it fitted to your gun.

yes i looked at the pricing for the bolt/assembly at the kahr website. It running at about $170. When I bought the gun from the dealer he was upfront and honest about the issue it was having. He said that he had installed a new firing pin to see if that was the problem. Should I replace the firing pin again anyways along with the new bolt? Thanks for your advice.

My suggestion would be to purchase a complete new bolt and firing pin from Kahr and have it fitted to your gun.

yes i looked at the pricing for the bolt/assembly at the kahr website. It running at about $170. When I bought the gun from the dealer he was upfront and honest about the issue it was having. He said that he had installed a new firing pin to see if that was the problem. Should I replace the firing pin again anyways along with the new bolt? Thanks for your advice.

I would replace the bolt and firing pin ... It looks like your bolt is chewed up and possibly has a crack in it from having had many failure to feed issues. Most FTF's with these guns can be rooted in magazine problems. If you want to really enjoy your 1927 A1 I would suggest sending it to a Thompson smith such as deerslayer on this forum ... He made mine run beautifully, and he put all my magazines back into spec ... This is what your bolt face should look like.

post-260006-0-10950800-1555100231_thumb.jpg

friends dont let friends buy kahr stuff, just sayn

It's the only game in town semi auto speaking ... Not everyone has the means or lives in an area to purchase/possess a FA Tommy ... Kahr probably could manufacture an out of the box masterpiece ... But then it would be in the price range of what my OOW BAR cost.

• Upvote 1