M2 Carbine Trigger Group Assembly Help

Guys, Once again I am need of assistance. I am looking for a video or written instructions on how to reassemble an M2 Carbine trigger group. I can find a load of information on the M1 just not the step by step instructions for an M2. I can probably figure it out in a day or two, but though I would ask the members first. Thanks for any help.

The only difference is the addition of the disconnector and spring/cup which is installed with the hammer. When trigger group is installed on the receiver the disconnector lever is used instead of the pin. Clip on selector and install the '9' spring facing down.Note; when putting the trigger housing and receiver together make sure the spring and cap are in the hole so they do not bend out of place. I hope this helps.

When I assemble them I use short brass pins to hold the parts together , then drop them in as a unit , align the brass with the holes , then push out the brass pins with the real pins . I store them till next time in a Garand stock grease pot and keep it with the rest of my carbine tools.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Can someone identify the spring in the attached. It is the silver one in the middle. An ejector spring on top and a hammer spring on the bottom. It is 27 coils1/8" and has ground ends. I am rebuilding an M2 and this may be an M1 Part. But it may not be associated with either and just wound up in my pan of parts. It is a heavy duty high quality piece. Any help would be appreciated.

Can someone identify the spring in the attached. It is the silver one in the middle. An ejector spring on top and a hammer spring on the bottom. It is 27 coils1/8" and has ground ends. I am rebuilding an M2 and this may be an M1 Part. But it may not be associated with either and just wound up in my pan of parts. It is a heavy duty high quality piece. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_20160323_155924976.jpg

IMG_20160323_155924976.jpg

Thanks for the reply. But it seems to be about 1/4" to long for an ejector spring. The one above is also an ejector spring with plunger. I am inclined to believe it is an ejector spring. But that would make me having 3. The old one and one on top, both with plunger and this one. I only ordered one spring kit. Oh well, we will see how it works.

• 3 months later...

My first post on this Fine Forum. We use a very thin knife blade to hold down the disconnecter plunger, compressing the plunger and spring so the trigger housing can slip into the receiver. Then while holding down the disconnecter plunger and spring, the trip lever, (rocker) is slid into place. Makes it much easier to do. Then confirm that the plunger is working, easily going in and out of the disconnecter block. Proper alignment is critical. The plunger must not be crushed sideways sliding home the trigger housing.

Also we have found that it helps addressing the roughness of the receiver bottom bridge area with a Drimmel (sp?) type hobbyist tool using a fine stone wheel. Just polish. Do not remove any material. This helps with the disconnecter plunger not being binded or held sideways or bound up by the underside of the bridge area of the receiver. We DO NOT recommend field stripping out the M2 trigger housing. It is difficult to field reassemble. Probably a major M2 war time design flaw. Hope this helps. I will like being here.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

• Upvote 1