Thompson Long Type Brass Cleaning Rod

I was wondering where can I get a reproduction long type brass cleaning rod? I googled all around and can't seem to find them. Lots of 16" ones though..

I heard Gordan Herigstad makes them.. but I have no idea how to contact him to see if he still makes them. I just want reproductions since it is for a repro FBI case.

Thanks.

Gordon had them made, but he has since passed on. They were available on Ebay. I'll see if I can remember who sold them. I think they went by "niceparts" If not, I am sure someone else will chime in. If available, I also recommend his repro parts tin. Same seller had all of his old stock. Maybe they are gone now.

Good luck

Sandman1957

Edited by Sandman1957

Maybe try Mary's (niceparts) email address if you haven't already: boxesareus@dslextreme.com

That's where Greg Fox told me to email.. haven't heard back from there either. I haven't heard back from them on that email address for 6 days. I didn't realize that niceparts and Mary was the same person.. though I was suspecting.

Any case I hope everything is alright with them.

There were a couple of different styles of long cleaning rods, one with the slotted jag which is 20 1/4 inches and a no jag rod at 21 inches. I have both types purchased in the early 1980"s, possibly before Gordon H. reproduced them. By the way, his is an exact copy right dow to the blind rivit that holds the jag on. Any body have an idea what an original rod is worth?

There are at least five repro's Gordons.Terrys. Rapid Auto { Roger}from Kentucky long gone. and Numrich. and I.M.A.at one time.

it is always great when you search or look for something sold over 20 years ago or longer.and you have a 90% chance of buying a repro now then you did 40 years ago.when i sold the repro police cases well over 30 years ago they all came with a cleaning rod.i never gave all the originals and repros a thought. Just another item to move out. It really is nice to be out of that total rat race now.

And not to hunt or have to search for nothing anymore.Heck at one time it was all original there was no so called repro anything.

that was easy times.

post-504-0-72822500-1614202726_thumb.jpg

post-504-0-15560700-1614202964_thumb.jpg

There are at least five repro's Gordons.Terrys. Rapid Auto { Roger}from Kentucky long gone. and Numrich. and I.M.A.at one time.

it is always great when you search or look for something sold over 20 years ago or longer.and you have a 90% chance of buying a repro now then you did 40 years ago.when i sold the repro police cases well over 30 years ago they all came with a cleaning rod.i never gave all the originals and repros a thought. Just another item to move out. It really is nice to be out of that total rat race now.

And not to hunt or have to search for nothing anymore.Heck at one time it was all original there was no so called repro anything.

that was easy times.

I'd be happy to track down a repo.. though a original would be nice.

I will check with my cousin tonight. he had some stuff laying around about 2 weeks ago.stocks a few mags and a few parts.update just called me " He has one brass 17 inch from 20 years ago he said $35 shipped if you want it let me know.. if not no big deal somebody will buy it.also has a nice old original Thompson case, will post it here.

RON K.

Edited by colt21a

I will check with my cousin tonight. he had some stuff laying around about 2 weeks ago.stocks a few mags and a few parts.update just called me " He has one brass 17 inch from 20 years ago he said $35 shipped if you want it let me know.. if not no big deal somebody will buy it.also has a nice old original Thompson case, will post it here.

RON K.

You mean the 16.25"? I don't need that, I had ordered one from Numrich before i knew about the 20.5" one.

What case is your cousin selling? I might be interested.

Link to information on the long type cleaing rods which may interest you, if you have not already seen it.

Colt Era Long Cleaning Rods - Thompson Submachine Gun Message Board - MachineGunBoards.com Forums

Stay safe

Richard

Wow went back to that old post I guess all rodded out by now. And if any lady members here everybody talking about rods. hey probably wondered how did we drop so far so fast....FORBID the parts kit pull thru ever comes up.

And the bristles on them.. and what type of wrap cord was used....The Mind Boggles..

R.K.

post-504-0-34665400-1614878109_thumb.jpg

Edited by colt21a

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.ima-usa.com/products/u-s-thompson-smg-fbi-carry-case?variant=26158065797

Here's a repo for $250, comes with a free carrying case. Just kidding (kind of) but maybe they've got a lead on just the rod.

Whoa.. does anyone know how this compares to Greg Fox's case? Thanks for pointing this out!

Edit:

Hmm.. looking at it, it is missing the pouch section on the lid. But for the price it seems really reasonable.

Read some very old posts about IMA's case being on the low end. Some people worry about the handle popping off.. I wonder if the quality is still just okay.

Reviews on the website look pretty good overall, unless IMA deletes bad reviews.

$700+ vs half the cost.. Hmm..

Edited by Ryo

My Greg Fox case with my AO Model 1928AC. A very high quality case.

The one in the link does look pretty good. Maybe someone has one that can provide feedback on it.

IMG_20200804_133825350 (1).jpg

Edited by Robert Henley