Talk About Greedy!

Mike: Apology accepted. Now go make more tracer videos for me and my boys to enjoy.

One final note on this thread is that of the three guns I listed, I totally misread the order in which they would sell. I fully expected the Grease Gun to move first, then possibly the Wh TSMG at a lower price than listing and the M2 Carbine at even less than that. The M2 went in a matter of 60 seconds for asking, the TSMG the next day and the GG sits alone out there for sale at the moment. Sometimes even when you try and follow the market closely and think you've got it nailed, it throws ya for a loop.

What have I learned from this? Well that I prolly priced the carbine (because of it's unique documented history) a little too low given the 6 additional immediate "I'll take it's" after the initial one. As well that even a lofty "out of my butt price" on the Wh TSMG could fly if the right person that wanted all the mods made see it and has the cash. And finally that 20k for a legit and original GG is going to take a little time and possibly a movement on the price to sell.

Take care everyone, I'm off to take another look at that lake property with the wife this a.m. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Gone Postal

Hey Mike, you're absolutely right about the gun shows these days. Barely a "thank you". I displayed at one in Wisconsin earlier this year, but won't likely do it again. It just isn't much fun anymore. If anyone knows of a good one around the Wisconsin-Illinois-Indiana-Ohio area, let me know.

Ron, the Indy 1500 is a fun show. I usually set there with a friend and show my Thompson stuff off. I don't sale any of my stuff, maybe a stock or two, but have fun. The dealer I'm with sales the shit out of everything he has. Last show we sold 18 Yugo SKS's in comsmoline in about 4 hours at $129 each. Same show 2 other dealers had the same special guns at $399 each. They sold none. I wonder why. One even asked us why we were selling so low. Jack said, " I move all I have every show. How many did you sale?" Answer, "none."

I've been to the Louisville show several times and if your early and know a few people and start talking to them, you can find a deal or two there.

the best thing i like is some of the big time wheeler dealer's...selling and buying price's...

{i was always small time....however had the best stuff at the best price...why? because i worked for it and had a love for it.}

they want $29,500 for a bar...however when i offered one to sell,they only could offer $18,000.00.. some selling a pre-sample for $8,000.00 but only could pay $5,500.00

oh i know all the over head...sometime's they make that up...big car, fancy gun show van...rolex prez with diamond face on wrist...boob job for the haggard wife..{ get pushed around gun show's for twenty year's}

fancy bizz card's and letter head's..800 phone number's..

house in the hampton's..maybe a boat..and of course the harley maybe two...and that old vette they have been restorin for five year's..and the latest p-51 mustang purchase.

and they can't seem to make e-nuff dough still on class three, even at 5,000.00 per gun...let's see four gun's a month.$20,000.00 x12 $240,000.00........yep i guess not enough.....as i am sure all of us here make that a year income right??maybe more??

so maybe they should just live normally,have one house.two car's,a extra fun vehicle. a few bean's in the bank....wink!!

nope never happen........have to keep the american dream alive...sell more mg's at higher price's..to those really less able to afford it..those under the $250,000.00 level.......whats the median now around $37,000.00

i have not kept track...most hasbeen's never do that..they just keep ridin the trail!!long and hard..or is that tail??

well i must get back to my vette 1/48 scale.. to restore.. and my harley paperweight on the desk! wink!

and the boat in the tub.and get to the post office..oop's and can't forget the rolex...have to impress the post office lady.

she think's i'm a drug lord!!with the miami vice shirt and pant's.and the "scareface" music c.d.playing on the ipod.

and the kool ride with the mini-uzi plate.wink!!

the ya-da ya-da for today..enjoy....

DISCALMER:if this upset's you...get ready for real life>

take care,ron