Gordon Herigstad Spare Part Kits - #29 through #168

I am continuing my research into the metal Spare Parts Kits (SPK). That research also includes the Gordon Herigstad reproduction metal kits. I am specifically looking for any Herigstad kits numbered between #29 and #168. If you have a Herigstad SPK in this number range, please contact me via PM or at the below e-mail address:

tkd5501@fuse.net

Thanks!

TD.

I came across this, was called/referred as a Cleaning Kit.

I have seen one other, years ago at a Gunshow at the Harrisburg Farm Expo Center.

Seller at Show said possibly British Made to help their Economy at the beginning of the War, then Canvas Bags to save metal/tin.

Very simple Stamping.

About the same size as 20rd Magazine

post-258532-0-37937200-1592422799_thumb.jpg

post-258532-0-83123200-1592422882_thumb.jpg

post-258532-0-92697800-1592422937_thumb.jpg

Looks like an old harmonica tin repainted and very similar in size to original. Does not have any catch for lid. Search Ebay will see brown and yellow German tins that this probally is . I ve thought of buying one

And doing the same. A lot cheaper than Gordons repro.

Looks like an old harmonica tin repainted and very similar in size to original. Does not have any catch for lid. Search Ebay will see brown and yellow German tins that this probally is .

Edited by M17ap

jojeep,

I agree, $25 was a good price. What you have is one of the fake metal Spare Part Kits that was offered for sale by the same unscrupulous person in Pennsylvania that sold the fake MILLS and RUSCO canvas Spare Part Kits. His name has been mentioned previously on this forum by those that remember him. Your kit makes a nice display item but is really of little value because of the very nice Herigstad reproduction SPKs still on the market. I plan on covering this in my next book when I provide an update the SPK chapter. Thank you for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to bring this back to the top. I appreciate those who have replied. I would like to find a few more examples. I would appreciate if you could check your numbers and reach out to me.

Have a great 4th of July Holiday!

• 4 months later...

I am going to bring this back to the top. I appreciate those who have replied. I would like to find a few more examples. I would appreciate if you could check your numbers and reach out to me.

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!