Anyone else get the email for Tommy gun catalogue auctions?

I got the first e-newsletter email 4 days ago. The way I read it, the preview of the auction will be available for viewing one week before the start of the auction on June 4th (preview opening on or around the 28th of May). I am assuming that during the preview time frame, you can then register and create an account for bidding. Assuming is a dangerous thing, but that's what I got from it. Hopefully, he will touch on the subject of registration a bit more in his next e-newsletter showcasing some of the highlights of the upcoming auction.

That page has been up there for several months now and nothing has changed with it. I heard it was suppose to go live on May 1st, but I still see nothing up there. Thanks for the link.

Forgive my ignorance as I am still new to this game and am not familiar with this website, but does this individual only auction TSMG parts/accessories or does he sometimes sell some actual firearms?

• 4 weeks later...

I got it before the auction start but it didn't open.

So, I emailed Richard Garcia and the next time I tried it, the link opened.

I tried to open it again to register before the start of the auction thinking i might bid on a couple things, but again it failed to open.

I see it worked for some, but didnt for me.

Such is life.

Edited by john

I only got outbid on things, but it was pretty fun. My main problem was using the catalog auction on my phone was problematic in that there was no way to login, so my only way to successfully submit bids was through using my laptop (might have just been a fluke on my end, but I tried multiple times to no avail). However, I was out of town since Wednesday and wasn't able to connect to internet while out of town, so naturally I was outbid on things by the time the auction ended. I hope it went well enough for Richard to consider doing another 1 or 2 auctions while his shop is packed up for renovations over the coming year.

Frank - I bought 7 items totaling about $1000. The auction site is pretty kluge-y. I guess many gave up on trying to figure it out. For example, for me to see my watchlist, I had to click on an auction item, and at the bottom there was a link to my watchlist - but not from the dashboard.

Edited by ebeeby

Link was touch and go for me, but successful in the end! I picked up two items, two post war Israeli marked magazines, one a XX mag and the other a XXX mag. Two items I have been hoping to find for some time after seeing a photo of them, many years ago, in Tracie Hills 'The Ultimate Thompson book'

Richard Garcia never fails to produce some unusual items for sale.