FOIA on my M6

huggytree

All excited, finally came after 1+ years....im going to see if its a police dept gun or prison gun or who??

nope...foia 100% blocked out....0 info....just the measurements of the gun and the date transferred...ive had a few FOIA's give me some good into...my thompson gave me a mug shot and finger prints...told me the city the gun was shipped to in 1940.....this new one? absolutely nothing....1953 to 1977 it was somewhere...most likely a police dept...would have been nice to have a city

my M16a2 gave me some decent info too

Still worth doing on an older gun just to see how many times it transferred and maybe a hint of some info....

looking at it again i did find something odd...on the 3rd transfer its a different form (slightly) with a box they checked saying no tax because its a govt. entity.......so maybe various police depts. sold it to each other...but somewhere in 1977 someone paid for a $200 stamp

at some point the govt may not give you a free FOIA anymore.....its still information for free on your gun and neat to have...i do them on every FA just for the heck of it

this one may have been as long as 1.5 years to get back