Hey Guys Wes-hurlee's............

the guy passed on my great offer for his two wes-hurlee's...................used for 16,000.00>so expect to see these on the net in the next few days,with a browned patina used m1a1 for about 8,000.00 also.......or maybe more...........

i was being a fair guy..............now greed sets in..........and the rest of the tommygun collector's will pay more...............

ain't thompson collecting grand???wink!!!

now i know why i did get out of it...............

GREED!!!!!!!! lets make more!!!!!!!!!

so guys i tried to give you something okay for a decent buck....................now they will end up on the net!!!!

for maybe 9,000.00 to 10,000.00............it never ends does it..........................take care,guy's have fun with the stuff.........ron colt 21a

QUOTE (John Jr @ Jan 20 2004, 12:47 AM)
I shall restrain myself from replying to this post.

Ron, get some help.

Jr

wtf are you pertaining to,i offered to buy some gun's and sell them here for cost..............the guy last minute changed his mind and said no...................

and now he will sell them on the net for higher prices,what i guess too much for you to follow.too much chicagoese language i guess...........

i will refrain for offering anything here at all,no matter what it may be..........and just keep the deal's to myself,less said,and no hard feeling.....................take care,ron

oh!! help...................please i know you have all the answer's..............

Colt 21, Interesting story, thanks.

Not about machine guns but alone what you are talking about, At the San Antonio, Texas gun show a few months ago a littleold lady came thru the door with a almost 100% mint orginal Henry factory engraved rifle. She was looking to get $800 or so for it. One of the first tables in the show a dealer asked to look at it. He was not a collector of old guns, but he told her she had a $20,000 dollar gun. So she was being hit from all sides with offers. One man said he would give her $20,00 on the spot for it, and as she was leaving the show with it a lady was overheard telling her she would give her $27,500 then for the Henry.

Someone,,,,,,,in the show had told her to put it up and the net to the hightest bidder and she decided that if a few people at the show were willing to give major money for it,,,,, then think of the thousands on the internet that would offer ?????for it.

End of story,,,,,She did put it on the internet and it reportly sold for #47,500.

1860 Henry or Thompson machine gun, all the same thing. Thanks for your story.

yes texas man,good story,somebody from texas understood me

...........but i still must get help........spock logic..........

me bad for offering so little to give somebody here something at a deal.............

and when they want to sell that almighty colt.........

nuff said.................take care,colt 21a

Two anecdotes:

back in 1995, I bought an L drum from SARCO for $200. it showed up, and was all NY/NY with matching serial numbers and a nickled rotor, but the drum spring was broken so I sent it back for a refund. The rest of the drum condition was 95% plus.

oh, well, stupid me....:-)

Second anecdote. About 6 months later I was browsing thru an antique mall in south Scottsdale that my ex-wife and her friends dragged me along with, and I saw in the bottom of a display case buried amongst a bunch of old Starret calipers and micrometers was a Bridgeport drum, for $40. And it worked....:-)

Doug

Women come and go, Thompsons and Ferraris are forever....

I dont doubt any of the stories!

This one will knock your socks off and I will swear on my Thompson collection every word is true and furthermore I can prove it.

About 12 years ago a very good collector friend of mine down here in NZ bought a Colt model 1851 Navy revolver from a little old lady from a deceased estate. He paid around NZ$2500.00 (US$1250) for it which was a fair price at the time. The gun was certainly genuine but!!! it was extensively engraved and inlaid with gold.

All the New Zealand so called "Colt experts" claimed that the gun was real but the engraving had been done much more recently say around 1950's thus is was valueless, but my friend held onto it ,,, and a good job he did.

It sold here about 4 years ago to an American Colt collector for US$550,000.00!

It was one of the earliest known and one of the very first of Colonel Samuel Colts exquisite gold inlaid commissions. It featured an engraved bust of the inventer himself. The gun had been engraved by Gustave Young and was featured at the New York Crystal palace exibition of 1853. It was called "the Colt find of the Century"

How the hell it ended up in a tiny little country town in New Zealand. no body knows, but it did. So... stuff happens!

see R.L.Wilson's price giude to gun collecting second edition page top of fourth colour insert between pages 210 & 211.

Kind regards.

Murry, here's something to back up your story. I recently paid $4000 for an 1851 Colt in Good condition.

Now, $4000 seems like a lot of money for this gun, yes? Well, I thought so too. Except. When you lower the loading lever,

there's an inscription engraved on the barrel. " W.T. COLEMAN. S.F. CAL. V.C." At the end on the writing is an eye.

W.T. Coleman was the leader of the Sn Francisco Vigilance Committee of 1856 - the Vigilantes.

So, what does that make the gun worth? According to a couple of Colt "Experts", about $800-$1400.

"The engraving is probably fake."

"Naw, It doesn't look real."

Coleman did carry an 1851 Colt. Is this it?

Well, all I know is I have the Colt. I'd post photos if I wasn't so computer illiterate.

Tom Murphy

Carson City, NV