1907 Winchester British Proofed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sherman3

sherman3

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:H&R Handy Guns, Flare/Gas launchers 20th century military items.

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:39 AM

I hope this is the best place to post this. In the winter Winchester collectors magazine there is an article on a 1907 modified for air service with good pictures. May be of interest to the 1907 fans. 

#2 jl7422

jl7422

Long Time Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:59 PM

As the running joke here goes--the 6 (or maybe it's up to 8) of us into these rifles appreciate the heads-up!

#3 sherman3

sherman3

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

As the running joke here goes--the 6 (or maybe it's up to 8) of us into these rifles appreciate the heads-up!

Well you can count me in. Can't believe I ignored them for so many years.

#4 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4804 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:12 PM

They are awesome rifles.  I have one, purchased a couple of years ago from a member here.  I would enjoy seeing the article.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

#5 AlanDavid

AlanDavid

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:British military secondary issue small arms.

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:50 PM

Make that 9.

I am about to join the Winchester Arms Collectors Assn, with a five year E-Membership which gets you an electronic copy of the magazine, only $150 U.S. for five years. So will be able to read the article.

I have one of these rifles myself, with British London commercial proof marks. The inaccurate on-line serial number data base will show a DoB of 1915, but the polishing room records show it was made in 1913.

Regards

AlanD

Sydney

#6 sherman3

sherman3

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:56 AM

Make that 9.

I am about to join the Winchester Arms Collectors Assn, with a five year E-Membership which gets you an electronic copy of the magazine, only $150 U.S. for five years. So will be able to read the article.

I have one of these rifles myself, with British London commercial proof marks. The inaccurate on-line serial number data base will show a DoB of 1915, but the polishing room records show it was made in 1913.

Regards

AlanD

Sydney

You will enjoy to article. Also has good pictures.

#7 levallois

levallois

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Triumph sports cars from the 50s and Datsun sports cars from the 60s. Also collecting vintage guns, toys, hats and scotch. Interested in the late 19th and early 20th century American West, 1930s motorized bandits, Mexican Punitive Expedition, Boer War, Spanish-American War, WWI and WWII.

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:05 PM

I have a british proofed one as well and I am a member of WACA but dont remember getting the magazine. It could be in my pile of mail ive been meaning to look at?