1928a1 vs M1a1- Which Gun do you Shoot Better? ROF Question

I’ve used the peep sight on the Lyman when I shot ‘21 and 28a1’s back in the day. They got the job done. The best shooter of any (on semi) is my M1 SBR, due to the closed bolt’s inherent accuracy and the peep sights, which are kinder to my old eyes

I

ROF on my M1928A1 and M1 with bright bolt with hammer: always pretty close to 750 RPM. Drop in a M1A1 bolt and the rate drops to 600-650.

will have to check out my M1/M1a1 bolts.. I sent off a M1 to a friend who never shot one. We were going to do a trade, my M1 for his Lanchester with some cash. ,The guns in the trade were both on Form 3s so transfers were fast back and forth as he elected not to trade as he could not control the gun with its rate of fire.He was used to 9mms and a grease gun so this was way different for him. I explained that if you shoot 3-4 round bursts, you will hit what you want but a 30 round mag dump is just not going to impact in a 10 inch circle at 20 yards except in the hands of someone who has shot 1000's of rounds through one of these.

I am going to shoot 3 guns and clock them with my recently acquired Pact timer and post my results.

I will shoot the same ammo in a 28a1......a M1.....and M1a1.

If anyone knows of springs that will shoot slower than whats in these guns ,please let me know.

Thanks!!

I prefer the vertical front grip as well ... Something in the hold of my horizontal grip causes a discomfort in how my shoulder rotates, so I keep that grip on my semi-auto Kahr. I rarely use the sights anyway. I keep the horizontal grip on my 1928A1 Savage to keep it all original ... I just shoot it from the hip.

post-260006-0-49289900-1588783458_thumb.jpg

DSC00481.JPG

DSC01155.JPG

• 1 month later...

ROF on my M1928A1 and M1 with bright bolt with hammer: always pretty close to 750 RPM. Drop in a M1A1 bolt and the rate drops to 600-650.

I have to ask...what ammo are you shooting to get 600-650??

By the way- great collection there Oldtrooper

I prefer the vertical front grip as well ... Something in the hold of my horizontal grip causes a discomfort in how my shoulder rotates, so I keep that grip on my semi-auto Kahr. I rarely use the sights anyway. I keep the horizontal grip on my 1928A1 Savage to keep it all original ... I just shoot it from the hip.

attachicon.gif 1928 Savage.jpg

DSC00481.JPG

DSC01155.JPG

Interesting - since those two group photos are my guns and my photos....Taken on my floor and in my office chair

Edited by MG08