Americans Sharpen Shooting Skills

If more people become educated about the fact, less people get hurt. this is from Fox News tonight. I heard the broadcast on Foxnews on the radio tonight but had to see it myself. I knew it was a growing sport but the fastest, more then 25% in the last year! The story below is from the web site. Maybe if the big boys see this they may lighten up a little. Ok it was a though.

"Americans Sharpen Shooting Skills

Friday, June 18, 2004

VIDEO

•Shooting Sports

LOS ANGELES — Shooting for sport is becoming more and more popular across the country.

Along with Pilates and windsurfing, clay target shooting (search) and handgun target shooting (search) are some of America's fastest growing sports. Some 20 million Americans participate in recreational gun activities.

Those who shoot clays call it "golf with guns."

"It is being looked at more as a sport and recreation, it is not all about hunting," said Rick Matulich of the San Diego Shotgun Sports Association (search).

Target shooting dates back to the 14th century, and it became an Olympic sport in 1896. And while some worry about recreational gun safety, the government says a person is more likely to get hurt riding a bike, playing basketball or swimming.

"It is a great sport," said Bret Erickson (search), 2004 U.S. Olympic shotgun team member. "It is a sport for all ages; it is a sport for the whole family and it is a huge growing sport."

Go to the video box at the top of this story to watch a report by Fox News' William La Jeunesse."