Colt Thompson # 1008 And #1009

I recently purchased Gordon's book. It has these 2 Thompsons as being with the Knoxville Tn, PD.

My great uncle was in a shootout in Jan. 1927. He killed 3 people and then boarded himself up in a house for the final stand. These guns ( according to newspaper microfilm from the time) were used against him. I am just curious if anyone knows the where-abouts of these guns. Thank you for looking.

Well, you've sure piqued my curiosity regarding this shootout! Would you care to elaborate?

The gents' name was Wilson Bailey Johnson. He lived in Jefferson City, Tn ( North of Knoxville). He was a businessman and well-known horse-trader. My grandfather said he supplied hogs and mules to the Army in Fayetteville, N.C. during WWI.

He evidently had a disagreement with 2 people on the sidewalk and pulled his pistol and killed them. He made it back to the house and had his wife and children to leave. Of course the law from several counties took seige on the house and he killed one of them. The newspaper said the law used dynamite , gas and machineguns to try to run him out. ( The machineguns came from Knoxville). He hadn't returned fire for a while and at daybreak they went into the house. He shot the end of a deputies nose off. The deputy shot uncle Wilson in the head. He lost an eye but lived. He pulled some time and eventually got out ..

That is the story in a nutshell. I am interested in finding those 2 guns. Who knows, maybe they're for sale , somewhere..

Sten guy

Here is a link to an ad with the Thompsons you are asking about that is from 1977. Law Enforcement Ordnance Company (LEO) was very active in Thompsons. Roger Cox owned LEO or maybe was partners with someone not sure which but I know he was the main buyer and seller. Look at the consecutive pair listings, your items sought are the 1st ones.

Hope that helps.

michael

LEO ad from Blackriver Militaria web site

Phil, You made a fine speech,absolutely correct. BUT you left out some of the brightest stars in the lefty horizon. They would be offended. So I will try & help, Teddy,Barney,Hitlery,Levin, Pelosi & last but not least Hanoi John Kerry.