MP-43 problems

I recently acquired an MP-43 from Ruben. It’s a mess. Here’s what my range guy reports:

“Overall the issues we ran into were failure to extract, automatic fire when fire select is on semi, discharge when bolt is charged for the first time, and we also had the double feed issues of the magazine.”

Ruben isn’t making this a priority as he claims health issues. Anyone want to to take this on? It’s a beautiful gun externally... it just doesn’t operate properly and is actually dangerous.

I know this gun had some gunsmithing done for Ruben. If your not happy with rubens response why not go directly to the smith and ship it off to him. Go around Ruben. It may be under warranty if it was recently reactivated(or whatever was done with it). After paying $24,000 and waiting 10 months for a stamp I wouldnt want to sit around on hold either. Id want it fixed fast. I recommend using a dealer that has a gun range for your next transfer. That way issues can be fixed while waiting for the stamp. I think the big dealers should fully test fire all their guns and include a video like forgotten weapons on each gun. Ive had more issues from big dealers than from individuals . You pay the premium and get a non functional gun. Ive bought 2 guns from dealers that were non functional. Even the most basic function test(pull the bolt back. Dry fire it) would have caught my issues

Good luck on the repair

Edited by huggytree

Thanks for your responses, I recently had a severe adverse response to a flu shot that put me down for a while... killer.

I’ll contact Bob Naess directly since Ruben claims he did the reactivation.

Edited by GaryKeim

If your gunsmith shopping Ill put in a good word in for John Andrewski. His turn around time and communication is better than any other smith Ive used. Small issues 4-6 weeks and large issues 3-5 months. Vs 1-1.5 years from other smiths

Pretty sure he works on mp44. If its out of your pocket Id at least talk with him on the phone. Often times he answers 1st try

Edited by huggytree

Ruben says he's ill and doesn't want to discuss it until way later, although he's still posting ads for his weapons. Black River Militaria hasn't responded to my inquiry from several days ago. I can't make them give me a refund.

Ruben says he's ill and doesn't want to discuss it until way later, although he's still posting ads for his weapons. Black River Militaria hasn't responded to my inquiry from several days ago. I can't make them give me a refund.

This is unbelievable Gary these two people you mentioned are supposed to be the best in the business. Too busy to even call or email you back but not too busy to take your $24k !!

This is unbelievable Gary these two people you mentioned are supposed to be the best in the business. Too busy to even call or email you back but not too busy to take your $24k !!

I've dealt with ALOT of machinegun dealers in the past and Ruben is the ONLY one that I ever had trouble with.

I've dealt with ALOT of machinegun dealers in the past and Ruben is the ONLY one that I ever had trouble with.

I've heard from others privately that tell the same tale. Just goes to show that reputation is just that... a tale that has to be proven.

I'll continue seeking out a smith who is capable and willing to fix this beautiful gun. I'll take the cost hit and they'll take the reputation hit.

Edited by GaryKeim

Ive bought from Ruben 3x. I was unimpressed with him over all. 2 Mac silencers that were wrongly advertised. He didnt know if they were swd or Marietta. Its marked right on them. Both advertised as swd, with no pics of the markings. What showed up was Marietta . Very slow shipping. My Reising had a couple issues and he did offer refund but no offer to repair. I did finally get $125 back which covered the part but not the labor. He doesnt look at the guns from my experience. His photographer/helper packages them. He used the photographer excuse 3x with me. I buy from mwt only these days. They often have complete junk but occasionally have gems . They dont pretend to be something they arent . Ship fast, solve issues fast w no excuses. I had one gun fixed (shipped next day with a supplied shipping label and returned in 3 weeks) . I returned one pos and it was done quickly with no complaints or issues. I wasnt happy w what I got? Heres your refund

I've heard from others privately that tell the same tale. Just goes to show that reputation is just that... a tale that has to be proven.

I'll continue seeking out a smith who is capable and willing to fix this beautiful gun. I'll take the cost hit and they'll take the reputation hit.

Give John Andrewski a call if you plan not to have Black River repair it. He just shipped me back my US Property marked GM M16A1 reweld that was in such horrible condition, a standard upper would not fit and you could see all the poor workmanship from the person who originally put it together. It is now a piece of art and would need to X-ray it to even tell it was a reweld. There are only a few folks who could have done this type of repair in the United States. I know he also specializes in WW2 weapons and sure he can fix your MP43. He is a great guy to talk with and very honest and talented.

The "Done" photo does not do it justice as the lighting washed out the GM Script.

Edited by NFA amnesty

I don't know where you are at but I certainly would recommend Scottsdale Gun Club in Scottsdale AZ. I have used them for an MP40 and a WW2 Luger that needed work. Cheap and fast like 2 weeks. Give them a call and see what they say. I hope this helps because it has to suck to spend so much money and Ruben can't be bothered with you now that he has your money.

Thanks for the info, guys.

I got a response from Bob and, even though he has a huge backlog, I'll be sending the gun that way. If he did the original work as Ruben claims, it makes sense to have him remedy the problems. Who knows how it got into this shape.

Thanks all!

Edited by GaryKeim

Thanks for the info, guys.

I got a response from Bob and, even though he has a huge backlog, I'll be sending the gun that way. If he did the original work as Ruben claims, it makes sense to have him remedy the problems. Who knows how it got into this shape.

Thanks all!

Actually, none of this makes any sense at all?

It does make for another interesting case study of the "gun guy" thought process. A bit like the battered wife asking to get hit again. LOL

Send it to JA. If its a minor fix it may be a few weeks. Worst case 4 months if its major. Vs potentially 1.5 years

Call JA. Talk to him about it. Ask his time line. Ive had a nightmare gun that spent years at multiple smiths. I no longer wait 8-18 months for gun smithing

Edited by huggytree

• 5 weeks later...

On a 4 to 5 month wait time does that begin AFTER you've sent it or from the time you commission it? if you know. PK 's wait list is so long you do not need to send the gun in until it's up in the "cue." Curious as my MP43 recently has been having feeding issues.

I sent you a PM

• 4 weeks later...