Well , after over a month , I was finally able to take her out . What a blast ! I had put a Magpul coated grip and a slip-on Limbsaver recoil pad on it , and had no pain issues at all . I was pushed around the top of the bench a lot , but more of a " kind but firm " way . Sighted in on the target with Greek HXP ball , then turned some head sized stones into pebbles . Finished off with a few rounds of Talon spotter-tracer . Bit more Umphh with those . All good , though . Well worth the cost of admission .

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, you'll have to email me directions. I'll ask my buddy if he knows how to get there.

If I'm in Yuma we'll come out and play also. Even if it's just the three of us slingin' .50 slugs down range.

Send me the directions to 50shooterz@gmail.com he probably knows where it is but if he can't make it, I'll see about getting a ride from other people.

Tracers and incendiary are ok to shoot at the range? I can bring some with me, will have to see if I have some spotter tracer rounds.

Well , they are saying another rain storm to hit Fri / Sat . To top it off , I'm trying real hard to come down with the flu . We really want to go out as it'll be 3 weeks before we can again .

On a brighter note , Spragues sold all three of my Springfields and I sold the 57mm and 75mm Recoilless rifles that were dewated and converted to 50 cal last night , as well as the M63 AA mount that I used with them . Didn't need them with this new Farret .50.

Now looking real hard at a Barett M107A1 ! :o

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like its going to rain again this weekend also! Then there's the gun show the following weekend.

So when are you thinking of going again? Weekend after that or? You can always email me and let me know.

Have you looked at the Serbu BFG-50A1? Semi auto, more accurate than the Barrett, can do barrel swaps. Plenty of Vids on it on line, you can look it up. Would be my pic if I was going to buy a semi.

That or the semi from Vigilance Firearms, the guys dad used to make the Windrunner .50's before he passed away. Pretty sure he has taken over making them besides his own rifles.

• 2 weeks later...

Been away for awhile , sick and busy . We are planning on the 11th at Blasedale . Decided a 35-ish pound suppressed 50 throwing a several hundred grain 50 cal bullet at under 1,000 fps didn't bring enough to the table over my 6-1/2 pound 458 Socom shooting 500 grain 45 cal bullets at the same velocity to pay double for . I'm on the hunt for a M82A1 Barrett . I can always suppress my Ferret if I want .

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

WOW !!!!

It's been seven months and I FINALLY got to go out with my Barrett . This thing is GREAT ! I highly recommend one if you can afford it . I fired 30 ball rounds that were so-so in power and accuracy , followed by 20 rounds of spotter / tracer which was awesome . Couldn't seem to miss . Could not believe how gentle this is to shoot . Wish I had brought more ammo out . My friend's 375 H&H was more brutal , as was my 458 Socom with the new binary trigger in 10 round mag dumps .

I'll prob'ly put my Ferret up for sale . I don't see me shooting it much after trying the Barrett .

Chris