Baby Face Nelson's Thompson Wins !

Not trying to take the glory from Colt Chopper, but he won a bunch of awards at a gun show in Ohio this weekend, for his way cool display of the Baby Face Nelson Thompson, # 5487 that he owns.

A regular movie star at the awards banquet.

I'm sure Nelson would of been proud. Long weekend for Colt Chopper, hope he chimes on this ( now he has to) on the details.

OCM

Colt Chopper had a beautiful display at the Ohio Gun Collectors Association (OGCA) May 2017 meeting (show). I was seated close by at the Author's Section and watched Colt Chopper entertain and educate the crowds all afternoon. Suffice to say, his display was well received. No pictures as the OGCA is restrictive on picture taking during the meetings. However, I know Colt Chopper has pictures and can fill us in on the multiple awards won by his fantastic Baby Face Nelson display.

I believe he plans to re-create this same display at the upcoming TATA and TCA Shows. Another reason to join and attend one...or both organizations.

Congratulations!!!

As TD say's he's got photos of the display, I think some coming in from a professional photographer also, taken after the meet or something.

As an ex outlaw museum owner, I was very impressed with the amount of time, effort and all he put into it and the display itself.

He'll be signing autographs before you know it ! " Jack Nelson, Baby Face's Great Nephew " $5 bucks a copy.

OCM

You sure can tell they are related......... same attitude probably, looks that way.

View # 2.

OCM

Jack & Nelson.png

Edited by OCM
  • Upvote 1

The show was a great time ! Good people and surroundings. The crowd was very receptive and listened patiently while I gave my "Shpeeel !!!" All seemed to enjoy.

Can't say thank you enough to all that have shared their knowledge, time and efforts on this journey of discovery. OCM, GI Jive, TD, SIG, DAlbert, CJL, Hans and others, Thank You

The Thompson Display won 2nd Overall, Best Single Gun, Best Educational Display and an OGCA Silver Medallion award. I could not be more thrilled, ecspecially for the first time out !

Pictures are being mailed to me and I will post a few when the arrive.

Thanks also to the OGCA and the members who work hard to make the show happen, "They sure know how to put on a wing dig!"

Edited by Colt Chopper

The show was a great time ! Good people and surroundings. The crowd was very receptive and listened patiently while I gave my "Shpeeel !!!" All seemed to enjoy.

Can't say thank you enough to all that have shared their knowledge, time and efforts on this journey of discovery. OCM, GI Jive, TD, SIG, DAlbert, Hans and others, Thank You

The Thompson Display won 2nd Overall, Best Single Gun, Best Educational Display and an OGCA Silver Medallion award. I could not be more thrilled, ecspecially for the first time out !

Pictures are being mailed to me and I will post a few when the arrive.

Thanks also to the OGCA and the members who work hard to make the show happen, "They sure know how to put on a wing dig!"

Man CC you sure clean up nice! A practice run, no doubt! Congrats on the wonderful display, can't wait to see it.

Ron

Nice! I love those shows. I won in 2004, 2006, and 2008. It is addictive. i never had a chance at the best individual weapon. That is a major win at those shows.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/wwiifirearms/Ogca%20displays/72B5A9A7-12CF-40FA-9443-AB8F89FBC4ED.jpg

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/wwiifirearms/Ogca%20displays/24719FDA-FEF4-4A5D-BB1A-354250C0131D.jpg

Edited by wwiifirearms
  • Upvote 1

Amazing, no one had a camera.

From TD. post above

"No pictures as the OGCA is restrictive on picture taking during the meetings"

I missed that! Oops, sorry for not seeing that. Thanks.

Amazing, no one had a camera.

From TD. post above

"No pictures as the OGCA is restrictive on picture taking during the meetings"

I missed that! Oops, sorry for not seeing that. Thanks.
At least when I was displaying for the display show only you could take pictures of your own display. Also, you can always ask a director for permission to take a picture. They just don't want pictures being taken without permission for publicity, privacy, and security reasons.

wwiifirearms,

I really enjoyed your .22 display in the top photo.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Ironically I sold most of them last year to pay for my 1921a. Well half of them anyway. I had fun with the .22 collection but it was too big and heavy to drag around and play with. The Colt Thompson is a smaller package. Edited by wwiifirearms

I love all the pictures and documents in CC's display. I am kicking myself for not making it down to see it in person.

I think CC is planning a traveling show, with the Nelson Thompson. The gun is such a big part of our American history ( good & bad) it's good that people can see it.

I got CC into the Tommy world. Talked him into it. Was with him when he bought his first. Who did that go Chopper28, "I can't believe he bought that.............." I tried to call CC today and all I could get is his secretary. Evidently I didn't have an appointment. WTH! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/thetoolman/24.gif

Try Chopper/Nelson Enterprises. Can't get to him, but leave a message that never will be returned. Hint: talk to the Indianapolis Star reporters, they have a schedule of the Indianapolis Airport out on Speedway Blvd. Catch him there. Yell like hell.. Still may get a 4 finger wave.

That's what happens on the Red Carpet. Good luck Pal.

Update for you Indianapolis guys: Try Colt Chopper at Sammy Terry Enterprises. Channel 6 said he recently purchased the STE company. ???

Edited by OCM