Winston Churchill's Thompson - Supposedly

​I just figured I would add something that has been in my collection for over 30 years .

​Over the years I have seen a few of the post cards but none with a 1944 postmark.

First time I have seen a postcard featuring Winston Churchill, very nice.

Have a good weekend

Richard

Td I take your word as bible I think you know more than anyone from what I can tell so far about thompsons, I only know what I've found when doing a bit of digging online and seeing what was in the museum so I'm sorry if anything I've said is incorrect which looks like all of it lol, the only reason I thought they were colts was because they looked to have a more blued than blacked or parkerised finish on the receivers and the New York stamped on them which I originally thought only colts had and the cocking handle which looked like a Colt one but have since now found out was wrong as mentioned above about the New York being stamped on early savage guns and the same cocking handle being used on Tommy gun stamped thompsons, i think from what you've said above there is more than enough evidence to prove that this isn't the Thompson Winston Churchill used in the picture of him holding one, I'm still very curious as to where the museum found it and got their information from though, I definiy need to order that book though shall get it on order tomorrow, I really enjoy finding out more and more about these guns

Nick,

Did you order a copy of the book? I sent you a PM, but you have not picked it up.

Stay safe

Richard

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just wondered which museum this was?

I'd like to take a look.

A quick search shows the museum is the: Combined Military Services Museum in Essex, England.

Andrew

Thanks I'll check it out as I'm over in Essex next week.

Maybe they will let me take them out of the glass case as I have the correct authority to handle them, then I can send pictures of the other side.

That would be great! We love pictures :)

Andrew