Just a picture of my 1921 Colt

I like that BAR, I just watched a video about them on line, it is worth watching...

I was born on the wrong side of the Atlantic, I am jealous of Mae and the weapons she gets to shoot!

Stay safe

Richard

Looks like a Shoei Modelgun FG42

No idea what that is, but this is an early Type 1 FG42. I got it for a steal, but for reasons. Completely repainted, new wood, reproduction bayonet, other reproduction parts, etc. Considering how I like my machine guns, to be, it's terrible, but it's an FG42, so I can't be picky, and it was 1/6 the price of what they were going for at the time, so I happily bought it.

Edited by michaelkih

I like that BAR, I just watched a video about them on line, it is worth watching...

I was born on the wrong side of the Atlantic, I am jealous of Mae and the weapons she gets to shoot!

Stay safe

Richard

BARs are awesome. Mine is actually a Colt BMR restamped and refinished into an A2 for WWII then for Korea I was told. It's in excellent shape with nice sharp engravings and stampings on it. Love it!

Edited by michaelkih

No idea what that is, but this is an early Type 1 FG42. I got it for a steal, but for reasons. Completely repainted, new wood, reproduction bayonet, other reproduction parts, etc. Considering how I like my machine guns, to be, it's terrible, but it's an FG42, so I can't be picky, and it was 1/6 the price of what they were going for at the time, so I happily bought it.

That is really interesting. Have you posted photos of it somewhere? I would love to see more of it. Thanks for the clarity.

That is really interesting. Have you posted photos of it somewhere? I would love to see more of it. Thanks for the clarity.

I think I only posted photos of it on Facebook a while back when I first got it. I haven't posted pictures or made videos of most of my guns actually. Time and me being in town or not, are always the enemy. I'll get more pictures of it. Would like to learn more about it, and also source original parts for it (If possible at all....probably not).

I think I only posted photos of it on Facebook a while back when I first got it. I haven't posted pictures or made videos of most of my guns actually. Time and me being in town or not, are always the enemy. I'll get more pictures of it. Would like to learn more about it, and also source original parts for it (If possible at all....probably not).

Gotcha, no problems. Feel free to PM me if you want to send pictures or chat FG 42s

Normal1959. In 2015 I drove 8 hours to meet up with a guy to buy 14 crates from him, then found another 4 crates in a wts newspaper ad. Bought it to shoot. The stuff runs great!! Clean and non corrosive too. Love it!

Hansen Cartridge company was the original importer years ago. I had a couple hundred crates, (was selling ammo) when it first came in and we had to bring out the need. Now people beg for it. I have a few myself :)

Save that stuff for nice semi or bolt guns.

Eric

Did you just post pictures of this the other day on the military surplus forum group on Facebook? I think as the 'what’s your Holy Grail' post? I posted with a picture of my USMC sniper in that thread if it is you