New Production Grip Mounts

Well it was a long 3 weeks- there was a hang up at the heat treater (oven breakdowns just when we needed them) that cost the schedule dearly, but parts are back in house and ready for delivery.

The photo shows an in the white (un-blued) part.

http://www.darklightimagery.net/thompson/diamondk/Gripmount DK top qtr.jpg

These milled Grip Mounts have been made in accordance with the A/O Colt print of 1921 and are of quality worthy of any TSMG made. They are through hardened carbon steel and are set apart from many made since (even some military) by having the proper, specified “bend” required to position them against the barrel providing the desired support and resistance to flexure. It should be noted that many of the mil-surp parts seen recently were overheated in the stripping process (when the receiver nose was torched to remove the barrel) and have lost their temper, making them prone to bending.

Finish is matte blue, (suitable for all military guns and others with a duller finish), or matte blue with a polished tongue (suitable for the Colts and other guns with a higher finish)

Satisfaction is guaranteed; If you are not pleased for any reason, return the part in it’s original condition within 30 days to receive a full refund of the purchase price. This price is about the same as a GI part, refinished.

$50 matte

$55 polished tongue

$10 add for barrel pad machined for 16” semi auto barrel contour.

$5 shipping via priority mail (per package, limits apply)

Nice looking part.

Where were you 10 years ago when I had to buy a GI part and weld up and then machine the round front pin into the contured barrel support to replace the 3/4" wide aluminum POS on my WH?

I will probably get one of these to add to my spare parts collection in the safe.

Doug

AZDoug,

Please forgive the lousy photo- I’ll try to get another camera and put up a good one.

I made these Grip Mounts (and will try to keep in stock) because I could not find suitable parts to for use in servicing customers guns. Same story with the buffer pilots & such I make. This will get to be more of a problem with certain parts in the future and no doubt more new production will be required to fill the gap. I expect the various offerings will run the gambit from “piss poor” to outstanding.

Yes, the flat ejector has crossed my mind. If my primary interest were making parts it would be a high priority, but the few customers who really insist on having one seem to find them, even with some difficulty. We’ll see what the future holds.

These are *BEAUTIFUL*!!! I saw the whole tray full of them in person last weekend when I was over at Paul's place to go shooting with him and his son. He took obvious pride in showing me how completely exact in every detail to the originals these grip mounts were, to say I was thoroughly impressed is an understatement!

Having seen the Diamond K setup in person,and been witness to the magic Paul can do, if any of you EVER send your Tommy gun anywhere else, you'll just be wasting your time and money!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif To my knowledge, there is no one currently active devoting the care and effort to TSMG work of this caliber, besides Paul.

-TomH