So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!

Guest hardrede

Guest hardrede

So Long!!

I have decided, to some posters delight, to never post here again. Good Luck and I http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif hope you have a great hobby unfettered with legal troubles!

QUOTE (REISINGSTAR @ Sep 20 2005, 11:46 PM)
WHAT AN EGO!!!

REISINGSTAR http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wacko.gif

My thought also..... When I was forced by a certain poster to leave the board due to personal attacks on my sexuality, family, and finally even the church I attend, I just took my time out without mention to the board.... The threat that we will all rue the day that a poster left, with implied threats is just well...... Pretty dang low.....

"Ode to Hardrede"

(sung to "Oklahoma's" "Poor Jud is Dead")

The folks that really knowed him knowed that beneath them two dirty shirts he always wore, there beat a heart as big as all outdoors...as big as all outdoors...

Hardrede loved his fellow man...he loved his fellow man...

He loved the birds of the forest and the beasts of the fields, he loved the mice and the vermin in the barn, and he treated the rats like equals, (which was right)

He loved all the little children, he loved everything and everybody in the world only...only he never let on and nobody knowed it.

Poor Hardrede is dead, Poor Hardrede is dead, his friends are weepin' wail for miles around,

The daisies in the dell

Will give out a different smell

because poor Hardrede is underneath the ground. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Mike Hammer

I have done business with Hardrede,he is not a bad guy. The dealings I have had with him were all good. His opinion,is his right. I do not think he should stop posting here. He also called to check on me and my family after Katrina hit New Orleans (I live @ 80 miles NNW of N.O.). This is just my opinion on this matter.

Thanks

Shane Lessard

FFL/SOT

Pine Grove,La.

hardrede-

Reconsider. I enjoy reading your posts. Hell - I even like to read Arthur's posts - you can learn from people here even if you don't see eye to eye. People don't always agree but that is what makes this forum and country great.

I have learned quite a bit from your postings. If you decide to go, stay safe and thanks for the good information you shared with me over the years.

Chris.

Wait a second lets do a reality check here.... Why did Randall leave the way he left, the same as people who commit suicide leave a note... He wants to engender guilt and assess blame for his plight... Well his plight is of his own doing….. There is no one here that is able to even come close to the personal attacks that he has perpetrated on this board. I will admit he is knowledgeable but on a personal level, after the savage attacks on me, I stay well clear of any of his post. I personally do not believe he is man enough to keep to his word and in fact is now reading these posts in hope of vindication. Am I “glad†he is gone? Not really, but I feel no guilt whatsoever as every harsh feeling towards him is just Randall reaping what he sowed. The guy doesn’t even have the balls to leave postings intact and like any good history revisionist he has made the effort to purge his dark past on the board.

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Sep 22 2005, 12:48 AM)
Every forum needs balance, just so it doesn't get so strident that the place self destructs. You have some special knowledge in areas that nobody else pays as much attention to. Sharing it, from time to time, is a useful contribution.

Hardrede's " special knowledge" will certainly be missed but not his negative attitude or cut to the bone retorts when someone disaggreed with him. I had hoped that the threads discussing his activities and the poll I started would help him see the light and pull him back from "the dark side". I remember some of the posts BigDaddy is talking about, it's not surprising Hardrede deleted them. I don't like personal attacks and they serve no posative useful purpose. I hate to see anyone leave but I can't honestly say I'll miss him.

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Sep 22 2005, 11:18 AM)
Right Lancer, and Damon.

Now it's time to shift the spotlight to Z3, per another post I made today.

Great, I welcome the spotlight.... Tell you what Phil, you post the plethora of my personal attacks on people and then we'll do a poll... If I get voted off the island I'll leave and go sip coffee on the back porch with Randall never to be seen here again.......

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Sep 22 2005, 11:50 AM)
I'll leave and go sip coffee on the back porch with Arthur never to be seen here again.......

Fixed it for you.

I'll drink to that!

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hurridale @ Sep 22 2005, 09:57 PM)
Before you go, did you ever get your drums from Sportsman's? Just curious..

ROTFLMAO!!!! Funny you should ask that... No still on the ole wait list... But thanks for you question.

Well hell! I got no dog in this fight. I don't know Randall, Z3, or anyone else on this board personally, but IMHO, this has gone on long enough, and I'm down right ashamed of this board right now. Some of you guys are starting to sound like school children, taking such glee in driving off a board member. This starting to sound like Buddy Hinton's board..."Mommy! Jimmy's beating off again!!!" That's part of the stuff that's driven me away from Sturmgewehr.

Maybe Randall came across as abrasive at times, and maybe we didn't all agree with everything he posted, but then again, I don't agree with everyone here all the time either, and I find some of you to be abrasive and condescending at times, just as I'm sure some of you have found me to be at times. I know I've gotten into it several of you in the past...John, Jr., Phil in Ohio, Arthur...but I've been willing to put it in the past each time it's happened.

Maybe there's some thin skin here, and some immature acting, but I have yet to consider any of the regular posters on this board, Randall included, as a troll. He, like we all do, have plenty to offer, as well as plenty to learn from each other. The bottom line: a few of you got into a purse fight (Randall included) and are now acting like a bunch of two year olds. I can only only shake my head and wonder...

Flame away if you choose.

EOM

QUOTE (John Jr @ Sep 22 2005, 09:34 PM)
QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Sep 22 2005, 11:50 AM)
I'll leave and go sip coffee on the back porch with Arthur never to be seen here again.......

Fixed it for you.

I'll drink to that!

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Are you're just upset cuze I lost 35 pounds and you can't call me names any more....

"Except for the fat guy in the white shirt, those folks need some lessons in shootin MGs."

LAST POST ON THIS SUBJECT FROM ME

Yeah I know a collective sigh of relief... I hear ya bros.... Sorry for the tangents...

If it wasn't for Hardrede, i would have never held and took photos of the Valentine massacre thompsons.

Very grateful for that!Talked to him on the phone for that set-up and he was the nicest guy.Very helpful and knowledgeable on many other topics.

Phil i think your one of the most intelligent guys on here with your broad view of things.Very well put.

Like Ron always says, life is too fucking short!

Hope you guys stand together with your faults and all.

Just my opinion,

Mario http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Edited by chitowngangster