Thompson Dimensions

I need some help with dimensions. I want to order a pelican case. I want to be able to carry 2 TSMGs in the same case. Let's assume M1 model guns with no compensator.

What is the distance from the tip of the barrel to the front of the lower receiver? What is the distance from the top of the rear sight to the bottom of the buttstock heel?

Thanks!

Kyle, If you want 2 Thompson's at the same time, you will need the Pelican 1750. It comes with a handle on the end and wheels on the other. It is big and heavy, but it will keep the water out. It is made for large hunting rifles and will fit 2 Thompon's well. Check out the Pelican web site for pictures.

Thanks Mike. I was thinking maybe I could squeeze 2 into a 1720 but it looks like I can only overlap about 17" or 18" which means on a 34" gun, I need the 50" of the 1750. Do you think I would be better off with 1 gun per case and go with something smaller? The reason I was going two in one case was to limit the number of cases I have to check when flying. TIA!

I have a Pelican 1700 which fits one 28 Thompson quite well but won't fit two. I have two 1750 cases for my Garands, M1A, Carbines and I wouldn't use any other case to carry a gun in. I would get the 1750, stick both Thompsons in it and feel secure that the case is as about as strong as they get and one case is harder to loose than two.