Fred Rexer catalog from 1974

timkel

i hope fred rexer is still with us, very nice guy,, F.R.I. fred plade sverial partsin original movie red dawn,, he was paratrooper with rpk who shot school teacher in opening scenes and the tank commander with the great line... forget the broad, get the food,, just sayn

Love seeing big long price lists like that. Fascinating to see what went up or down proportionally! Lots of great stuff on the list.

There are 3 pre-may samples marked with an asterisk Walther MPL/K, MP5, PM12 I think. All the rest should be transferable in 1974, heck and if not you just filled out a form 1 and bam 45 days later or less you got a stamp. Fast forward to today, more technology, more examiners, 4X slower?

• 2 weeks later...

in 1974 nfa stuff was mostly unheard of,, very few dealiers and no real great market,, the m.g. community was very small, every one knew every one else,, it wasnt until the mac-10 hit the news and airwaves that things started to take off and the average guy learned he could really buy this stuff,, most of the readersreading this wernt evan born yet,,! just thinking back..

Hey I remember looking foreword to every Issue of Shotgun News back in the seventies. Mostly looking for machine gun ads.

Back then you had to read it cover To cover because all ads were mixed together not sectioned like today. Some guys had 1/4 page ads or 1/2 page ads that stood out. The ones I can remember were LES , C. Earl, R J Perry, Tommy St Charles, Fred Rexer, Chuck Hudak , these were the big guys. Had 10 to 20 guns for sale. There were smaller guys 1 or 2 guns for sale that listed only occasionally where the big guys were regular posters. Sorry if I missed a couple , but these guys were the 70’s. In the 80’s a lot more dealers and collectors popped up and so did prices. Feel free to mention any 70’s guys I forgot. They were great times for the hobby

not like today. Transfers were 90 days or less all the time for years on form 4. No computers , today with computers should be super fast 4 to 6 weeks not 8 months to a year.