Is This A Valid Reason To Deny C&r Ffl's?

I have been ask alot about why I dont accept C&R FFL's. Because of dishonest people taking off the parts they want or need And then returning the firearm. NO C&R'S will be accepted.
GunBroker.com lunatic

Could someone tell me what is to prevent any other FFL type holder from doing the same thing?

You should post his name so all would know not to deal with this scum. I have known some unscrupulous dealers who buy complete collections of guns with accessories then split them up without consideration that some pieces had been complete for decades.

[Or wearing camouflage at gun show]

Pat K,

Good observation. Those folks can be a little scarey!

I wonder if it is more of a personal issue. Maybe the FFL feels that the C&R somehow lessens the prestige of having a dealer's license. It was like the time when CBs were popular, but the HAMs felt felt infringed upon, because their license took more work to acquire.

I dunno. Thankfully, most of the FFLs I've dealt with in the past don't seem to have a problem with C&R guys. I do know, however, that Lew Horton won't deal with C&R FFL holders. In fact, I've run across more than a few 01 FFLs that seem to have a bug in their bum over C&R FFLs. Some, like SGT said, seem to be of the opinion that a C&R FFL isn't a "real" FFL, others seem threatened by it (I had a "real" FFL holder once tell me he didn't like C&R FFL holders because we "take away his business" ), and even a few don't seem to even know what one is. I suppose I can at least understand some of the hoopla though. I've seen more than one C&R friend order multiple firearms only so he could handpick the one he wanted, and then send the rest back. OTOH, I've had more than one FFL holder tell me at gun shows that they like dealing with us C&R guys since it cuts their volume of paperwork. Lionhart makes a good point too...who's to say an 01 FFL won't swap parts from this guy's gun?