How many Markings on a WWII Bolt

I have a WWII blued bolt that I got in a parts kits years ago. Never really looked at it much since it was blued and I used the bright ones in my guns. It was just a spare part to me. Has stayed in a box with other parts for at least 10 years.

Got it out the other day and noticed it had more markings than I am used to seeing. Is this normal for a WWII bolt?

It is marked with a "P" on the left side of the bolt at the bottom. On the rear left hand corner, is it marked with both a "S" and "R". Must have been in a custody dispute I guess...

Savage Thompson bolt 3.jpgSavage Thompson bolt 1.jpgSavage Thompson bolt 2.jpg

Ross,

Like the Bolt in my newest addition....with the double-tap AOC mark. That threw me when we pulled the gun apart and saw first, an AOC marked bolt....but then, the double tap was odd too.

First mark is quite deep and second is very light.

Never seen one with multiple proofs though.

Quite possibly it might have come from the Inspection area at AO ir Savage and was used by the diemaker who made the inspectors stamps? "Yep, the 'S' looks good. Yep. The 'R' looks goid too....lets see...any more to try out"?

As oddities are always also rarities, add it to the boards pinned database for future reference.

john