Want to trade 1928 Bolt manufacturer. AOC bolt has been located!

I am looking to trade a Savage S bright 1928 bolt for a AOC marked bright 1928 bolt. A stripped bright AOC bolt is acceptable or I could include a extractor, firing pin with spring and 1928 hammer and hammer pin if your AOC bright bolt is complete. I have a AOC "Bridgeport" 1928A1 and would like a AOC bolt for it. I would consider a purchase if you don't want to trade.

Please send me a PM if interested in trading.

AOC 1928 bolt has been located and traded for.

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

Questions for the board members.

#1 Does anyone even own a AOC marked "Bright" 1928 bolt?

#2 Does any one own a AOC marked "Bright" M1 bolt?

I am still interested in trading a S (Savage) marked "Bright" 1928 or S (Savage) "Bright" M1 bolt for a WW2 AOC marked Bright 1928 or AOC stamped "Bright" M1 bolt. A private message is fine.

I don't want to be chasing unicorns.

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

The bright bolt in my AOC M1 is marked with a P.

Roscoe Turner provided a list of Thompson component manufacturers sometime ago, but it says specifically for Model 21 and 28. That list shows a P, which would indicate Petroleum Heat and Power. But as it is an M1 bolt, maybe so maybe not. Roscoe may know more.

Sorry couldn't fine any in my collection. Not sure that AO made any in the white. In their early production they would have used

Savage supplied parts.

If you can fine a blued AO and want it in the white just use the Rust remover WD40 sells. It will take the

blueing off.

T

Sorry couldn't fine any in my collection. Not sure that AO made any in the white. In their early production they would have used

Savage supplied parts.

If you can fine a blued AO and want it in the white just use the Rust remover WD40 sells. It will take the

blueing off.

T

I'll amend my search to include a trade of NIW blued finish Savage 1928 bolt for a WW2 AOC blued 1928 bolt, I am still looking for a bright finish AOC as my first choice. A thank you to the members that have checked their spare 1928 bolts looking for an AOC.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a guy back in the day over twenty years now that did Bolts and stuff. and stamped and marked them to whatever somebody would want. Probably some still around in parts bins or in guns today. Remember a guy who wanted a C because he said he heard it that a actuator from Colt had a C stamped on it like guys with M-16 AR-15'S, Carrier Bolt Group.That say if it is not stamped its not Colt. B.S. many never stamped with a C. And the Actuator was another B.S. Tale he was Told,

Did find one Actuator with a X once. From a Russian parts gun. Probably Part of the Russian shipment of Colts along with the Original C Drums that ended up in the Ukraine. And some later to Greece. Shop around what you seek might be out there.good luck in the Hunt.Colt21a Ron

I did reach out to a few people I know, but dead ends so far.

A little off topic here and I don't want to hijack the thread, but where did you find the colorized version of your avatar/profile photo? I love that one.

Andrew

There was a guy back in the day over twenty years now that did Bolts and stuff. and stamped and marked them to whatever somebody would want. Probably some still around in parts bins or in guns today... Colt21a Ron

Gee, thanks; now how am I going to sell him my ultra-rare "Winchester" stamped bolt? :ph34r: (Call for quantity prices) :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll ask a couple folks I know. I had one, but it went with the 1928AC to another forum member that I sold years back. Yes they do exist, enjoy the quest, once the hunt is over you'll get antsy having so much time on your hands!

1928AC 422.JPG 1928AC 430.JPG 1928AC 457.JPG

Good luck, will close the loop after I hear back from them.

Cheers

Sandman1957