Price of Early Colt L Drum?

Link to an early August GunBroker sale:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/780482198

Note, the sale was ended several days early by the seller. IMHO, this drum may have sold for a higher amount had the the sale gone to its initially indicated ending date.

FWIW, if price is not a major concern, Autoweapons has a couple of first and of second generations of numbered L drums. "Email for price." Link:

https://www.autoweapons.com/photos/accys/thompson.html

I have no affiliation with either of the parties who are associated with the above links.

Best of luck.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

Edited by Merry Ploughboy

michaelkih,

There were two recent sales of original numbered L drums on Gunbroker, both of which went for large sums, approximately $7,000.00 and $5,000.00, respectively. The drum that Merry Ploughboy referenced was changed late in the auction to a Buy It Now at the amount it sold for. That seller, taking his cue from the earlier Gunbroker sale, had it initially listed near the $7,000.00 figure. In my opinion, these prices do not accurately reflect the market on numbered L drums. Of course, one can argue that that is what they sold for so that is now the market price, but I believe they can be purchased for less through private sales between collectors. The problem is finding one that is for sale. They seem to have become rather scarce.

I was the seller in that early august sale for 4495. GIjive was 100% right on with his post. Yes, did see one sell for 7k

but they are not worth that. 4000 to 5500 is a range you could use as a rule of thumb. good luck MP