Thompson Magazine Loader by RAE Industries

REA Industries offers a polymer Mag loader for Thompson mags. It loads 10 rounds at a time and is priced at $32.97 which includes shipping. Works great.

Check the youtube link below.

Youd be better off buying the wood ones being that are sold by a member on here. They work just like an older plastic one I have that works really well.

YMMV

Ron

Pretty hard to beat the REA ones for the price. They are compact enough to take to the range with you. Save the wooden one for use at home. Why not have both?

Edited by Tiz

I use the wood loader at home before i go to the range. The Rae loader will fit nicely in the gun bag and i will use it for reloading at the range.

Same here. There is a place for both. Jon makes excellent wooden loaders but I hate to take it to the range and get it beat up. The RAE one is perfect for use at the range.

• 2 weeks later...

The rae loader works as advertised im very happy with it.

Glad you like it. I knew you would. I like mine as well. I am sure other members would find this compact mag loader very handy to have in their range box.

I never load more than one mag per gun when I go to the range. That way it forces me (and more importantly my guests) to slow down the emptying process.

That is certainly fine but when it comes time to reload that 1 mag at the range the REA mag loader certainly makes the job easier. You could always limit the ammo supply as well in order to accomplish the same goal, when it gone its gone.

I never load more than one mag per gun when I go to the range. That way it forces me (and more importantly my guests) to slow down the emptying process.

That is certainly fine but when it comes time to reload that 1 mag at the range the REA mag loader certainly makes the job easier. You could always limit the ammo supply as well in order to accomplish the same goal, when it gone its gone.

I have an REA loader for my Swedish K and ordered another for the Thompson. I also have the nice wooden Thompson mag loader. I am all about easy, but like to slow down consumption.

I can find the 740 on the web site but not the 741... I called , I e mailed , i sent a text,.

they dont respond. Not a good way to keep customers

No call back and i left messages

Sorry to hear you are having trouble contacting them. I personally found them quite responsive to my calls and emails. When you go to their web site you will see an AR-15 speed loader and the next picture is a young lady firing a pistol from a barricade position, scroll down from either screen and you will find the 741 for the Thompson SMG listed as a top seller. Hope this helps. You can also contact Mariane in customer service at 307-257-5777, she is great.

I wish they also sold it as a .stl file. Would be so easy to print.

That could be how they make them not sure but I doubt they would be willing to sell their design. Anyway, how many could you possibly need. If they charged $500 for the file it would certainly not be worth it unless you plan to compete with them. Just spend the $32.97 and be done with it, unless you plan to pay them a $10 royalty on every one you make yourself.

• Upvote 1

I have three rules for others that want to shoot my machine guns: 1) You shoot your own factory - not reload - ammo; 2) No steel or aluminum casing ammo; and 3) You load the magazines yourself.

I don't have any loader for the Thompson stick mags. As is pointed out in "American Thunder", the U.S. Army tried out a couple of loaders and decided that a loader was not necessary. Who am I to disagree? FWIW, the loaders that were tried appear to be illustrated and described in U.S. Patent Nos. 2,403,012 and 2,451,521 ('521). The '521 patent is directed to a lever actuated loader that looks pretty slick.

• Upvote 1

I swapped some emails with customer service and asked them about MP40 and Sten loaders. They said to send pictures of the magazine feed lips and some exterior dimensions and they could make them. May be worth a try.

Better yet. Loan them a mag. They will design a loader and return the mag to you. I lent them one of my 30 round Thompson mags so they could design the 740-X mag loader for the Thompson. If you watch the video they mention that the Thompson mag was on loan. Its hard for them to get hi cap mags in CO. They returned my mag unharmed.

I swapped some emails with customer service and asked them about MP40 and Sten loaders. They said to send pictures of the magazine feed lips and some exterior dimensions and they could make them. May be worth a try.

Better yet. Loan them a mag. They will design a loader and return the mag to you. I lent them one of my 30 round Thompson mags so they could design the 740-X mag loader for the Thompson. If you watch the video they mention that the Thompson mag was on loan. Its hard for them to get hi cap mags in CO. They returned my mag unharmed.

Makes perfect sense, especially for the STEN mag. I just don't want to send one of my MP40 mags anywhere. They are getting expensive. I will give them a call. Do we have any Colorado member who may be nearby?