About to Reach 200,000 Posts, 8750 Members on MGBoards

It's very Cool David !! I recall many many years ago finding this site (originally machingunbooks). Over the years I have learned volumes about the Thompson and other firearms. Of course my bank account has suffered significantly but the life long friends I have met thru this and the original site are invaluable to me. Hats off to you David for keeping this site the best on the net.

You have done a GREAT job building and running MGB. I think this board will be around for a long time. Thank you Dave for you effort to make this a great board to belong to.

Charlie .

As a newbie I have enjoyed a lot of the real info I get from these boards and will continue to contribute to the efforts and thanks to Davids time to do this.

David,

Great board and tons of valuable info.

We would be much poorer without it.

But I wonder about the member numbers. Being retied, with nothing better to do, I frequently click on the birthday boys.

It never fails to amaze me the number of members who haven't signed in 10 years or more. Some never signed in after registering.

I wonder how many active members we have.

Thanks again for your effort.

Jim C

PS did you ever receive the carbine club newsletters from TD. I think he was trying to sell them at the TCA. Probably trying to raise some cash to buy a Colt Thompson.

Many thanks go to Frank Iannamico, the original founder of the site. Without his efforts, the site would not be here now. The site transitioned from Machinegunbooks.com to Machinegunboards.com in 2008.

Jim,

I received the Carbine newsletters, and have been meaning to write you a proper thank you note. I also hope to thank you in person sometime soon. Thank you so much for handing them off to TD at TCA to get them to me. They are an amazing amount of information!

Muchas Gracias! Mahalo! Thanks Again!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Im not sure how many people may be active members of the site at any given moment in time but what makes this site so amazing is that the knowledge gathered here is timeless. You could literally read many of the posts 100 years from now and they would still be relevant. Ive just recently purchased my first Thompson and have been spending my leisure time reading many of the old posts and filling a notebook with maintenance and troubleshooting information.

All this coupled with the courteousness and decorum mandated by David on this forum make this one of the best stops on the web!

Thanks to David, Frank, and all the other people who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise on these boards. David I believe that your hard work and energy is not only benefiting current members but will be a legacy to all future Thompson collectors.

Thank you sir!

Edited by imageaudio