Thompson 1927 A-3

I just got a great deal on a 1927 A-3 in 22 long rifle. This one is different from most I have seen as it has a straight type military looking magazine and doesn't have that goofy looking attachment for the 30 round mags You nusually see on the A-3's is this an unusual one or did they make these with the military type mags more often than I thought. It just doesn't look like the 22 versions I have seen before and if You didn't look down the barrel and see the 22 caliber bore it would appear to be a standard 1927 A!. It shoots very well by the way.

maverick

The A3 was sold with at least 4 magazines. A straight 30 round stick original thompson magazine with a .22 insert inside, the banana mag (30 round) with adaptor, a 10 round drum (which was a XL drum with a 10 round stick inside) and a 50 round drum. I've heard reference to a larger capacity drum (even Frank mentions this) but have never seen it.

Dan

QUOTE (deerslayer @ Sep 7 2004, 07:21 AM)
The A3 was sold with at least 4 magazines.  A straight 30 round stick original thompson magazine with a .22 insert inside, the banana mag (30 round) with adaptor, a 10 round drum (which was a XL drum with a 10 round stick inside) and a 50 round drum.  I've heard reference to a larger capacity drum (even Frank mentions this) but have never seen it.
Dan

Mine must be the version with the stick mag and the 22 caliber insert as it looks like a stock military 30 round stick mag and were it not for the bore diameter would look identical to a 27 A-1. Were these well made? Mine shoots flawlessly and I am tickled to death with it. Here is a link to a photo if anyone is interested http://www.ImageHosting.com/images/mav444/...5c188af25c7.jpg

maverick