SAR West Show is ON

Frank, thanks for the head's up. I spoke with the Chipotle Publishing office last week, but they didn't have the formal state green light yet, though I my planning was on full speed ahead. My tables are paid and I am getting ready.

Are you attending? I've got a copy of Hard Rain I should bring to have you sign, if you would!

Hey Lucky#13! Welcome to the Thompson Board!

Have you finally made the switch from belt feds to Thompsons? LOL!

You will enjoy this Board a lot. Great folks here.

WELL as of this a.m. the show will be outside and in tents.Will have more info Thursday. And if we have a Harris administration, It all won't matter anyhow. We have Red Dawn w/o the parachutes and crossings.RON K.

WELL as of this a.m. the show will be outside and in tents.Will have more info Thursday. And if we have a Harris administration, It all won't matter anyhow. We have Red Dawn w/o the parachutes and crossings.RON K.

So what vendor with anything of value is going to leave their stuff outside in tents? Are they having the resident homeless encampment running security at night?

If I were local I'd ponder going for a few hours, but I'd guess the regular vendor list is pretty small right now with not many if any of the bigger vendors driving cross country to coronaville? Personally I'm not boarding a plane until the face petri dishes are gotten rid of. It's possible SAR ended last Dec.? Too bad, I kind of enjoyed Scottsdale in the evening even if the show was not spectacular, as a package it was sort of worth it to fly down for 30 hour total trip. Could be the end of an era....like a lot of things?

As i stated here will have a follow thru on Monday and as of today the portion besides SAR is tents. I don't come here ever to report b.s. stories. And when released whatever time on Monday i will put it here. It is the state not SAR DAN OR the other Promoter, who i met. and been to his shows for years Heck 20 years at SAR alone. {Probably more from other show goers} Hoping for the best but at this stage looks like Tents 50% chance if not more. they can't have full portion in small building older gents> and exclude rest of show to tents,It is a royal cluster. They cancelled shot show unheard of in its history AND KNOB CREEK FOR YEAR. RON K.

Yes Frank i follow that you always have good info. And i always try and research things also since i attended the Indy shows Kentucky And many in Illinois.And even shutting down O.G.C.A. and the okie show the past year was crazy and the Max collector show but they did.So hope all goes strong for this one this year. Maybe we can call it the big tent circus show everybody is invited.buy guns.

post-504-0-23048100-1604942931_thumb.jpg

The Colorado Gun Collectors show was postponed, then cancelled for 2020.
It is a national event, held once a year.
No real practical options were available.
However, the Gem and Mineral show was held over at the Denver Coliseum.
Lots of restrictions, but they were able to have it.
Some of these public event centers are on the verge of financial collapse, no revenue to pay the bills.
You can bet the next owners of the property will develop it into apartments or something besides an event center.
Shows next year may not have a "home"

Richard

We got a call on the SAR show today. The all tents is correct. They are planning 10x10 tents with four tables per tent. We decided to cancel and roll the fees over to next year's show (if there is one in a potential Biden administration). They may have a building where you can lock up things at night, but you will have to move your stuff every day.

I don't think many people will want to leave expensive toys in a 10x10 tent from Thursday afternoon through Sunday. There will be a lot of ammunition sellers, but the December weather is unpredictable. Sometimes very nice; sometimes wind and rain. I don't expect to see a lot of $20K - $50K machine guns sitting out in tents.

Maybe things will change in the next couple of weeks, like the PA ballot counts.

Dave H.

AS i stated when i had original post TENT CITY SHOW for 2020. five of my friends over 30 tables will not be attending this year.

And i won't have the fun lunch shoot the bull table. each table will have a ten by ten tent and mask at all times and power is more with side curtains{I am done no reason to post the info.} the state and Covid destroyed all that is fun in life.It will be like the Tucson swap meet w/o the taco stands.

Hopefully 2021 will be back to normal...and we all can enjoy the fun we shared for the past 20 years.RON K.

APEX Gun Parts is still planning on attending.
Several of the 10X10 tents will go together to accommodate our tables.
We won't have any storage issues as we don't sell guns.
Being 2020 I do have some weather concerns!
However, we do the Knob Creek show in a tent and that is on dirt!
At least this won't turn to mud under us.
I am staying back this year, too much going on at APEX for Jeff and I both to be away.

Richard

Looking on other boards and see the names of dealers & people who have decided not to attend the 2020 SAR west show.
I guess the question becomes WHO IS attending!

The COVID curve in Colorado is one step away from "stay at home" now.

We have to travel thru NM and they not receptive to out of state visitors at this time.

Richard

Yes they really want to shut us all down don't they gun show after gun show country wide see a pattern here. Even some 200 table shows are called off now... its like don't like something Covid shut it down. Thanksgiving of course. Will they do the same with Christmas coming up also. I bet they try and do it.

Yep the U.S.A. has sure lost it in 2020.

i posted it before and still true today. Some may feel that way some might not.

RON K.

post-504-0-11489500-1605331465_thumb.jpg

Im just waiting to see all these states losing their minds because they have no tax revenue for the 2021 year

It doesn't work that way. How many TSA employees are layed off even though the airports are like deserts? They haven't cut spending a dime because they are counting on a HUGE federal payout to make up the difference. The only exception is police, they just cut 120 positions in the city here with a record homicide rate this year. Private venues will go broke, eventually forcing guns shows etc. to be forced into public buildings (which most already are) where they have complete control to get rid of gun shows i.e. California, which successfully did it years ago. You can already stick a fork in SAR show for several other reasons. Crossroads will still be around for a while until they don't let guns on city property, and that's in the works.

Yesterday gov. motorboater filed suit to close an oil pipeline.....say hello to $5 gal gasoline in Ohio and other places, you guys won't be able to afford to go to a range for a shoot.

• Upvote 1