• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tricky9914

tricky9914

• Regular Group
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:00 PM

Hey all,

I wanted to share one of my most recent acquisitions: a Japanese Type 11 LMG. This is of course transferable. It has all original finish and is ALL matching, inside and out. I have been looking for one of these for years and I finally have one! This was made in 1941.

There are some interesting notes: the hopper looks like it received a small amount of shrapnel damage (the hopper of course is numbered and original to the gun). I was assured by the seller that it does not inhibit loading or feeding, but I have not tested it out myself yet. Also, there is a weird marking, which I believe *may* be an import mark? It is very lightly struck on the receiver. I can barely make out a name and a city/state. Some city ending in "ville" and a name ending in Sr. I don't know if this was a "property" mark of the guy who brought it back? Or an import mark? But it is not a rewat (at least, not that I can tell) and the manufacturer on the form is "Japan".

Also, there is a screw missing that retains the stock as photoed. If anyone has an idea where I can get a replacement, please let me know. Thanks for looking!  

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   118.73K   18 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   112.2K   17 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   100.3K   17 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   110.73K   16 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   94.3K   17 downloads
  • Attached File  6.jpg   57.79K   14 downloads

#2 StrangeRanger

StrangeRanger

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:"Easy money, faithless women, red-eye whiskey for the pain"

Posted 04 September 2020 - 08:48 PM

Very pristine-looking example.  I hope it runs as nicely as it looks

If you're anywhere near NE Ohio please, please bring it to one of Tusco's monthly "steel shoots"  (which are pretty Class 3 heavy)

#3 tricky9914

tricky9914

• Regular Group
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:31 PM

Thanks! If I ever end up going, I'll bring it. I am not too far from Ohio!