Unsigned Bolts Joey Bosa's Great-Grandfather SVDM Shooter?

"It's been speculated that Joey "Batters" Accardo, who also worked as Capone's bodyguard, had a hand in planning the bloody 1929 St. Valentine's Day Massacre that left seven members of the Bugs Moran gang dead. In his book, Accardo: The Genuine Godfather, Former FBI agent William F. Roemer Jr. said it was possible that Accardo was a machine gunner. The case, of course, was never solved."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/18/11454086/joey-bosa-great-grandfather-mob-boss-chicago-al-capone

post-110-0-08713300-1470873852_thumb.jpg

Arthur,

I am no expert on the subject but I have my doubts.

My favorite book on the subject is "Al Capone and his American boys" , by William Helmer.

Georgette Winkler make no mention of Accardo one way or the other regarding the SVDM and she shared a hide out with the participants after the shooting.

Of course anything is possible.

What's your opinion??????????

Jim C

@Jim,

Rick "Mad Dog" Mattix, coauthor with William Helmer "The Complete Public Enemy Almanac" and contributor to Tracie Hill's TUTB, shares your skepticism on the SVDM connection in his review of FBI agent Roemer's book "Accardo: The Genuine Godfather."

I'm just hoping that the great-grandson of "Batters" will earn that nickname in the NFL (when he eventually signs his contract) rather than turn out to be a another 1st round draft bust like the brittle Jadeveon Clowney.

Arthur,

If I may add,- I think Tony Accardo may have been the wisest of the big city godfathers.

He was able to stay clear of the law for his entire career and was a good Tuna fisherman.

One of his favorite sayings was,-- "three can keep a secret if two are dead". Talk about pure underworld wisdom.

Jim C

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...