"It hits like the Hammer of Thor"

The topic title is Winchesters words, not mine. My 2 recent purchases are a Winchester Model 1910, 401 SLR caliber, made in 1917 and a Remington, pre model 8, made in 1907, 35 Rem caliber.

I really don't know how much either rifle was used by the Law or the Lawless, but Sandy's forum

needed some activity and everyone likes pictures, so here goes.

Jim C

IMG_0001_1.JPGIMG_0002_1.JPGIMG_0005_1_1.JPGIMG_0009_1.JPGIMG_0014_1.JPGIMG_0016_1.JPG

• Upvote 1

Yet another outstanding score by Jim C. two very nice collectables. AND the poster..... AND the old ammo. Good job. Like to get your take on how the Model 10 fires against the 07. ( ammo permitting ) I assume you'll make your own. I know there is a connection between the law & lawless since Dillinger stole a Model 10 from the Auburn, IN Police Department.

Rem 8 looks pretty nice too, easy ammo there.

I ran into some 401 ammo not long ago while hunting down some old Savage 303 ammo. I think it was on GunBroker under vintage ammo.

OCM

I love the 1910. Had a few of those. Only have one now. Looks just like yours. I have a few boxes of rounds I've picked up over the years. Not shot my 10, but have put a few rounds out of the 07.