• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bmarvin

bmarvin

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:39 PM

So I got a package delivered from Morphy for a couple Crescent Handy Guns I bought last year.

Forms were approved December 2nd 2019

I take it home and open it and pull out the two Handy Guns I just bought in October of 2019, one Essex and one H&R. Those forms won't be approved for another 6 months or so .

So I repackaged them and requested a return label.

John at Morphy still isn't sure how it happened

Attached File  IMG_1805.jpg   67.42K   47 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1807.jpg   121.95K   50 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1804.jpg   72.1K   46 downloads

#2 mattnh

mattnh

• Regular Group
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:All things NFA...

Posted 16 December 2019 - 05:20 PM

Wow - quite the Handy Gun collection!

Any of them extra special?

#3 bmarvin

bmarvin

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

Wow - quite the Handy Gun collection!
Any of them extra special?

That's just the 8". All told there's about 3 dozen.

#4 Tman

Tman

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 517 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, in general

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:23 PM

Very nice collection and an excellent display. 

#5 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Old Motorcycles, Sharpes Rifles , Thompson Machine Guns

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

Morghy is a far cry from Julia. I bought two NFA guns at there Oct. 2018 auction and still do not have them They promised Fed Ex ground would get them to me before  12-5 (i was delivering one to a dealer at the SAR show) ,then the shipping expert told me i could pick up the guns at the main office 30 miles from my house (they do not hold ground freight) So i informed John Keene that I needed the guns before my wife and i take are motorhome to Salt Lake to visit family? No go because a adult signature is required . So i lost my cool and bitched a lot .Now there delivery truck is coming to my home after the first. (they wanted me to meet their  Utah with the motorhome!) Now this morning a I get a Fed Ex email that they have shipped my paperwork.Two hours later (today) I get another email from Morphy saying to disregard......it was a mistake. WTF to get for the 20% PLUS COMMISSION???????    

#6 bmarvin

bmarvin

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 779 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:22 PM

Morghy is a far cry from Julia. I bought two NFA guns at there Oct. 2018 auction and still do not have them They promised Fed Ex ground would get them to me before  12-5 (i was delivering one to a dealer at the SAR show) ,then the shipping expert told me i could pick up the guns at the main office 30 miles from my house (they do not hold ground freight) So i informed John Keene that I needed the guns before my wife and i take are motorhome to Salt Lake to visit family? No go because a adult signature is required . So i lost my cool and bitched a lot .Now there delivery truck is coming to my home after the first. (they wanted me to meet their  Utah with the motorhome!) Now this morning a I get a Fed Ex email that they have shipped my paperwork.Two hours later (today) I get another email from Morphy saying to disregard......it was a mistake. WTF to get for the 20% PLUS COMMISSION???????    

John has always been good to deal with but not everyone is John. In my case I had just bought two Handy Guns and two others just got approved. It was a perfect storm for a mistake.

#7 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:36 PM

Perfect Storm for me also,John Keene is a good man in a dysfunctional organization.Most companies that have customers spending north of  50K on products do a better job. Meet me in the middle of Utah to get machine guns? Will they get the ATF travel letters to get me back to Idaho? Do they even know? You brought Morphys screw up to our attention.

#8 bmarvin

bmarvin

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 09:17 AM

Perfect Storm for me also,John Keene is a good man in a dysfunctional organization.Most companies that have customers spending north of  50K on products do a better job. Meet me in the middle of Utah to get machine guns? Will they get the ATF travel letters to get me back to Idaho? Do they even know? You brought Morphys screw up to our attention.

They sent a couple "kids" to pick up low 6 figures of machine guns and didn't bring  any gun cases. Thought that was strange

#9 PTRS-14.5

PTRS-14.5

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Class 3, DD's, Cast Iron Cookware, Working...(What I refer to as "Herding Cats")... Not so much any more!

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:53 PM

I had guns listed in the auction of which one sold, & paid in full and the others were returned promptly on a F3. In fact I have found the service from Morphy easier than the years past with Julia.  Any business will have issues, something Ive come to understand after 40 years of operation in my own corps. It's how these issues are resolved that shows the true quality of an organization and its staff...

John does and outstanding job with fair, concise and through consideration for all their clients.

My 2 cents on the subject...

Charlie 

A&O C3 PA

PTRS 14.5

#10 lightguy

lightguy

• Board Benefactor
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Cars, coins, pinball, movie posters

Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:40 PM

Morphy's screwed up my deal.

1928A1 stock, grip and fore-end is cracked (not disclosed) and the included 50 rd Bridgeport drum spring broken.

They are going "to do me a favor" and try and make it right by refunding less than quarter of the commission.

Gosh...thanks !

Long term customer on the brink of not going back.

#11 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:42 AM

Yes Lightguy I finally got the two guns I purchased from the 10-2018 auction (14 months) and when i unpacked and waded through there mountain of styrofoam peanuts,they did not send the magazine?!! There email reply was they were going to contact here shipping department. WTF 

#12 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:35 PM

as a addendum to my Morphy "experience"  I bought a 28 Savage Thompson that was accurately described from "outside" inspection, when i took it to the range I discovered it was missing the buffer disc,oilier and the recoil spring was seven inches long. I sent a email to Morphy with this information and they offered a $100 , next time field strip the gun before you bid settlement . In conclusion,they have some real junk in those auctions.