Thompson Exhibit @nra Museum

A friend and I finally went to the Thompson exhibit at the NRA museum in Fairfax yesterday. It was supposed to end 12/31, but has been continued until 3/15. It was well spent time. I saw items I thought I'd ever only see as the pictures in Hill's book.

Various Model 1919's, Thompson Auto-rifles in Mod PC, D, Thompson model 1923 w/ bipod and bayonet chamber for .45 Remington-Thompson cartridge, the engraved 1921's presented to Oscar Payne, Theodore Eickhoff, several BSA models, model 1927, all sorts of 28's, original FBI cases, various L drums, several mint C drums, M1's and A1's, all types of mags, Thompson literature, World War II canvas items, Thompson model T2, various movie prop models, later Khar models.

Well worth the time for this exhibit alone as well as the firearms collection in the rest of the museum. A sincere "thank you" for the people who went to the incredible effort to put this together and the private collectors who allowed their guns and other items to be displayed. If you can't see it, there are still a few catalogues available for $10 you can buy from the museum store. The museum is open 7 days a week, 10 -4.

Then to top off the day, we took my 21/28 and M1A1 to the range along w/ some 'lesser" items like my Swedish K and others. Life is gooD

Edited by jerrys

As a result of "jerrys" post, I ordered one of the NRA Thompson exhibit catalogs from the NRA website for $10, as well as one of the posters. The catalog is well worth the $10, as I just got it in the mail today. Very nice pictures and documentation. Would highly recommend!

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com