Michigan Antique show- Novi- Thompson collectors

Just wanted to say Thank You to the Thompson Collectors that were at the Michigan Antique Firearm show in Novi last weekend. I wanted to write sooner, but duty calls and I had to go to Ft Irwin.

I brought in two finned barrels with compensators that I received when I acquired my WH 28 Thompson from a friend.

I have about 8 or 9 books on the Thompsons (Ultimate Thompson, American Thunder, Military TMs, to name a few) but could not tell one way or another if these barrels were real GI, WH's or aftermarket.

I was a little bit intimated walking up to the display tables and asking for assistance, but did see Dave Evans standing in the group (I worked with him at TACOM before he retired)

Between Giant Panda (Mike), Roger and Tracey; they were very nice, professional and helpful to this new guy and came up with the answer.

The barrels are real GI, the compensators were also real, Gen 4 with both markings.

The barrels were finned, but when Tracey counted the fins, he said they were not correct number.

He said they were probably M1 barrels and had the fins cut it. (maybe WH did it when they had no finned barrels and only M1)

Again a big Thank You for your help and welcoming a new guy.

Marty

Semper Fi

• Upvote 1

Marty,

Always great to see a new face and even better when they are carrying in parts!

-even though I thought at first they were Westie barrels. Roger set that straight right away.

Thanks,

Mike