Help With Thompson Project

I just picked up a 1927a1 reciever, bolt, barrel and partially complete trigger frame. I'm contemplating a project x type gun. Where can I find nice wood and what were the barrel dimensions on the Colt 1921? I think they were lighter and more graceful looking than this auto Ord 1927 barrel. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

timg953.

Basically, there is but one way to go on your quest for a Colt looking gun out of a semi and you said it

yourself. "Project X". Just take a close look at it and then get in touch with PK.

.. he will make that semi glow with the look of a Colt if that's what you want,

Cheers, Zamm

Arthur--

Why is the Colt bluing so difficult to reproduce? Thanks

Arthur,

Why is that? I'm just curious. Is it the old stlye blueing Process or the newer metal alloys?

Best Zamm

Hey Ralph and Arthur, seems we all can't sleep tonight!!

Z

In an acronem you can't do old style Colt bluing becouse of the EPA

First the old Colt Bluing was proceded by some damn fine polishing then the chemicals involved included arsnic I belive. Or maybe that is the reason we can't get good case colors.... The cemicals are a problem as are the health hazards asociated with them. of course pretty soon the US Surgon General is going to say living is the prime cause of dying....

BB

Arthur,

Damon,
Does this source actually apply the product or only furnish/sell it?

I am sorry...not sure what you meant. Did you mean to direct that question to Devlin?

Damon http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Wow, excellent info,

Thanks guys!

Zamm