#1 timkel

timkel

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1054 posts
  • Interests:NRA Patron member
    Atlas Shrugged

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:34 PM

Have never seen one of these before. If genuine, must be rare. 

http://www.gunbroker...?Item=544726461

#2 PTRS-14.5

PTRS-14.5

• Regular Group
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Class 3, DD's, Cast Iron Cookware, Working... not so much any more!

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:00 AM

Chuck Hudak was an old 07 Mfg near Austin TX years ago. He built a large number of MG's.
Thanks for the heads up! It will go nicely with my C and R Sten!

PTRS

#3 timkel

timkel

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1054 posts
    Atlas Shrugged

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:31 AM

Chuck Hudak was an old 07 Mfg near Austin TX years ago. He built a large number of MG's.
Thanks for the heads up! It will go nicely with my C and R Sten!

PTRS

Great...I wonder what you will find inside? screens or baffles? Amnesty registered?

#4 PTRS-14.5

PTRS-14.5

• Regular Group
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:00 AM

I'm told it is amnestry registered. I'll run a FOIA on it to get the details. At SAR East this weekend I discussed these cans with an old time importer and he indicated many of these were in the UK and other parts of europe. I'm told they are generally the similar design to the HSMS with a ported barrel and screen. I'll provide an update. BTW Hudak was the trade name Inland Arms in Dripping Springs, TX I believe.

PTRS

#5 PTRS-14.5

PTRS-14.5

• Regular Group
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:42 AM

Finally remembered to post the images of the Amnesty Sten can.  It is the basic can like the HSMS ported barrel partial length with what appears the have been a brass/cs screen wrapped around that section toward the can cap. I would assume the end cap may not be original as it is aluminum not cs.

The odd spring appears to have retained the screen and/or possibly a wipe or retaining assembly. Have not researched further but will and will get it back to all original spec for testing. I have friends in Europe getting the original drwgs to reference and will advise.

Attached File  IMG_20160607_164011849.jpg   88.01K   35 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20160607_164135751.jpg   76.96K   39 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20160607_164233332_HDR.jpg   110.79K   35 downloads

PTRS

Edited by PTRS-14.5, 26 July 2016 - 02:43 AM.

#6 timkel

timkel

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1054 posts
    Atlas Shrugged

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:49 AM

Nice score..did it come with a cover?

Another

755d0836-bb45-4340-911a-ed04745e279f_zps

Edited by timkel, 26 July 2016 - 05:29 AM.

#7 PTRS-14.5

PTRS-14.5

• Regular Group
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

Have a few old ones... All different materials and lenght...

#8 Annihilator

Annihilator

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:02 AM

This is a real one, it was found in France. Sorry for the bad pictures. It's not mine. 

Attached Files

#9 timkel

timkel

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1054 posts
    Atlas Shrugged

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:14 AM

This is a real one, it was found in France. Sorry for the bad pictures. It's not mine. 

Interesting pic. Note the rear sight is moved forward and a front sight added to the front of suppressor. Crude but good enough.

#10 Annihilator

Annihilator

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:34 AM

You will see the same silenced Sten in an article from Folke Myrvang in smallarms revue: A collector's guide to silenced Stens. This is a genuine british SOE silenced Sten air dropped to France. The modified sights are most probably british made, you will also notice a small screw on the right side of the receiver, i think it holds the silencer/barrel unit in the correct sighting position,...

This one is a deactivated gun, i could not unscrew the silencer for detailed pictures.

#11 m3bobby

m3bobby

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:40 AM

Do you have any more photos? It doesn't look like a standard unit. The block isn't lightened to mk3 standard and there's no way the sights have been moved by the British. If they had, there would be instructions and authority to carry it out which would include refinishing the bare metal. The silencer itself isn't a CISA or a CSAD either. This is more likely an underground modification to a standard STEN.

#12 Annihilator

Annihilator

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:50 PM

Here is a link to the SAR article on silenced Stens

http://www.smallarms...idarticles=2360

You will see exactly the same silencer ( a so-called type one) and even a Sten with the same front sight modification as the one found in France

Attached Files

#13 PTRS-14.5

PTRS-14.5

• Regular Group
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:21 PM

I got a complete set of machine prints from the UK. As I expected the front cap was a replacement, but the machine details I'll have the correct end cap built. Oddly the print have two versions for the internals. I'll use the 2nd version.
PTRS-14.5

#14 PTRS-14.5

PTRS-14.5

• Regular Group
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:46 AM

Gents,

Got some can prints from Europe and they are different to any I've seen before.  This relates to the SAR article and others I've seen. I been asked to not post them here...thus this posting.

Does anyone have a print or data that corresponds to the unit I have KJ Mk.IIS? As I'm going to shoot it with and original C&R Sten, I'd like to keep it original to the old design.

Thanks

PTRS

Charlie

#15 timkel

timkel

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1054 posts
    Atlas Shrugged

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:34 AM

All the prints I found were the longer, baffle type suppressors issued by the British military. I suspect what you have was made underground.

A lightened bolt...interesting. 

Sten_Lightened_Bolt1.jpg

Edited by timkel, 11 January 2018 - 08:46 AM.