Idea of Value: TSMG Lowers

I have a 1928 absolutly new, original black oxide unnumbered lower complete with all new old stock usgi internals with mint in the wrap complete butt stock assembly (with all metal components )and a mint grip, all unused never mounted usgi, what might it be worth?

I also have an excellent to new condition original black oxide finish M1 lower, complete with all internals and new butt stock, and grip also new, with the only exception being the pivot plate which has a worn finish

value?

i am cleaning out spares collected over the years and may wish to let these go.

Complete lowers value can vary, depending on condition and demand. Yours being mint, I would say probably somewhere around $5-600 for either the M1 and the 28.

Does the M1 or the 1928 buttstock have a crossbolt? A complete 28 stock will be worth much more than the M1.

Is there any markings on the grips or stocks?

Pictures would help if possible.

Hopefully others will chime in.

Andrew

hughlong,

Does the unnumbered 1928 frame have the manufacturer markings, i.e., NO. S - or A.O.

Or is it completely unmarked?

If brand new and never used, I would price at the high end of the market.

A question i always wanted to ask. so you have a complete new lower with stock never used or put on RECEIVER,And its worth $800, So after its on a gun and shot 20 rounds and taken off does the value drop to $500. I always wondered about new pouches and drum cases also. worth 99% when new unmolested and 50% to value once first speck of dirt and drum inserted.And its a little stretched out. But still looks fairly new.

We now need a pricing guide for that stuff.

But 100 people will give you 100 prices. That is why some Thompson stuff always sits new in case. The minute used and handled by all of us the price drops big time sometimes.

And after decades i still can't come up with a good % of how darn much.can anybody else?

Colt21ARon

That's a good point. I've seen some lowers that bid up to $600 on eBay and a few weeks later another one from the same seller at the same condition only goes for $300. You see the same thing on GunBroker. There is a lot of things to factor in. A truly unused lower could be worth a bit over average.

Interesting topic so far.

Andrew

excellent original finish Savage unnumbered M1 lower, complete with all internals, and new GI grip and complete GI butt

$1000

Edited by hughlong