Forum Donation Auction - Cox Book - Thank You PTRS-14.5!

I'm doing something a little different here to benefit the forum. I recently received a donation of a copy of Roger A. Cox's 1982 classic book, "The Thompson Submachine Gun," which was the first collector focused book on the Thompson. I want to thank forum member "PTRS-14.5" for donating the book for the benefit of the website.

The book is in very good condition, and includes the original dustcover. I have placed the dustcover in a Brodart library quality dustcover protector. The binding on this book is still tight, which is a condition factor that you will not always find with the Cox books. The dustcover has a couple of very small chips at the top and bottom of the spine. The dustcover has also had the original price cut off at an angle, where it folds inside the front hardcover. The back of the dustcover also has a couple of small tears at the bottom, and inside the back cover, there is a pasted on Rutgers Book Center stamp. I've attempted to show all of this in the photos below.

What we're going to do is an auction here on the site. Bidding will be in $5 increments (or more), with a reserve of $200. To bid on this item, you can do one of two things:

1. You can just post your bid here in this thread...i.e. "I bid $205"

or

2. You can send a bid to me via PM, if you want to remain anonymous. If I receive anonymous bids, I will update the thread with the latest bid.

The auction will be open for 1 week. I will close it out at noon on January 6, 2019.

Payment can be made via PayPal, USPS Money Order, or personal check. U.S. shipping is included.

Here are some photos of the book:

IMG_5691.jpgIMG_5692.jpgIMG_5693.jpgIMG_5694.jpgIMG_5695.jpg

Happy New Year!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com