Ppsh-41

Anyone have any opinions about the desirablity/collectibility of a PPSH-41 that purports to be arsenal refinished in the '40s with a mismatched barrel? The rest of the gun matches and appears to be in good shape.

Thanks in advance.

They are a blast to shoot at 900rpm. This would be a shooter since it is mismatched and that is OK. I would not want a gun I could not shoot. Ammo is cheap and plentiful. Just depends on how much they are asking for it. In today's economy you can find some good deals. Parts and mags are cheap and easy to get. I would love to have one. Just my .02

I have one made in 43 as part of my class 3 WW II collection. It rips along at about 900 rpm and always gets attention. Ammo and parts are easy to find. Only problem can be drums don't always feed well, so buy several of them and w/ a bit of tuning you can have several that run reliably. While I like it, I would sell/trade it for a PPS 43 if I ever got the chance, but you don't see those come up too often. Unless you are in the market for an all matching collector type gun, the mismatched parts aren't a problem since you sound like you want it as a shooter..

• 1 month later...
PPSH is a great gun, and the mismatched barrel isn't really an issue to in mind. If you are going to shoot the gun, its going to wear the barrel more than any other part. Anyhow, I have seen unmumbered barrels floating, as well as otherwise matching guns with unnumbered barrels. Buy the gun, love it for what it is.

• 1 year later...