Price question. Haven't been around much.

Its a voice from the past.

Haven't been around much at all and out of touch with current market values.

Hypothetically, if one were to sell a Thompson (Savage) that runs great and originally a Stembridge item that has been refinished, what would be the current selling price?

Are 50 round drums still running about $500 each?

Are the 30 round mags still about $30 each?

What about the 100 round reproduction drum purchased directly from Merlin and runs great?

Granted details are lacking but looking basically for a ballpark figures.

Asking for a friend. ;)

1928a1 or M1a1?

a United Specialties drum in minty shape may be $450-500...i paid $450 for mine a while back(brand new looking)....grabbed a nasty Syracuse for $250 that runs well a couple of months ago

thompsons are selling for $21-28k depending on condition and who is selling it...ruben has been getting $27-28k consistently....ive seen repark m1's selling for $21-22k lately

Edited by huggytree

JimFromFL,

Why don't you post some pictures with the caveat it may be for sale in the near future and the asking price has not been determined. I know someone who is looking for a 1928A1 Thompson gun. I bet others on the Board may be also. We would like to know if it has a finned barrel, adjustable rear sight, paddle levers, decent wood, included accessories, etc. Without knowing all that and more, it is worth 15K plus - only because it is on the Registry. Show us what you got!

numbers matching will add some value too!....

quality of the refinish, etc...

have a mint matching #, perfect refinish 1928a1 =-ruben can get $28k for it.....but the average guy cant....

still a desirable gun!!!....i prefer original finish, but that seems rare getting rarrer

These are quick pictures taken with my phone and should be good enough for a "ballpark" estimate.

After taking the pictures I remembered the lower in these pictures isn't the one that came with it.

This lower just seemed to fit tighter, but the matching lower is available.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/jimsimages/20180906_184642_zpsu6vosyj1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/jimsimages/20180906_184620_zpscubxslpm.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/jimsimages/20180906_184715_zpseq12dz4q.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/jimsimages/20180906_184655_zpsxyujft4t.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/jimsimages/20180906_184723_zpspmhmibln.jpg

Jim,

Welcome back to the board. WWII drums can still be found sometimes for around $500, but I am also seeing them sell for $600-700. If your friend wants to sell, $500 is a reasonable asking price as long as they are in good shape. The XXX mags sound about right.

I'm not an expert on refinished guns, but it looks to be nicely done. Assuming the matching trigger frame is in the same condition, I would guess $25k +/-. A nice display/shooter. A Savage gun? What SN?

Roger

Jim,

Welcome back to the board. WWII drums can still be found sometimes for around $500, but I am also seeing them sell for $600-700. If your friend wants to sell, $500 is a reasonable asking price as long as they are in good shape. The XXX mags sound about right.

I'm not an expert on refinished guns, but it looks to be nicely done. Assuming the matching trigger frame is in the same condition, I would guess $25k +/-. A nice display/shooter. A Savage gun? What SN?

Roger

It was originally purchased from a well known dealer out of Minn. as he dealt with Stembridge and was know to get high quality refinished done on the items with which he dealt.

Refinishing is not always a plus just like in cars or furniture.

Personally I'd much rather have a beautifully done 1921 than a basket case.

Thats just me.

The market will decide.

Take your time.

Edited by lightguy

From what I've read, most if not all of the Stembridge movie machine guns have been refinished and/or re-barreled. The life of a movie prop is not always kind and gentle. Provenance that can definitively tie the gun to popular (or notorious) actors and/or movies may add to its potential interest to buyers, hence its value.

Best of luck.

MHO, YMMV, etc. MP

If you can take some high quality close up photos, after adding the correct lower, it will help a lot in appraisal.

(No insult intended; those photos are better than many. Eliminating the reflections and getting closer will be even better).

Edited by mnshooter

There was a dealer whose last name was Addiss in the Minneapolis area. Where I got 15043 from. Also a C3 named Tarasar in the same area. Not sure how "big" the dealers ere though.