Any full auto/machine gun collectors wanna chat?

Hey there,

I'm a writer looking to talk with collectors of fully automatic firearms, who'd like to give the public an idea of the hobby.

The general public and media don't always understand how full auto usage and collection in the U.S. actually works — how restricted and regulated it is. This piece I'm working on would better explain the full auto, the market for them, and those who collect them.

I'd love to chat with any collectors out there. If anyone would be interested but still had some questions, I'd be more than happy to discuss beforehand

About myself: I'm a gun owner and have written a few times about firearms. I also work in private security, so firearms (at least the small, personal self-defense kind) are familiar part of my other gig. Unfortunately, I've only once had the pleasure of going to a machine gun shoot — good heavens was that fun.

I'm available at thatwinkler@gmail.com

Thanks so much,

Jeff Winkle

Be very careful about what you say as it could cause problems for NFA. Many people think there are no gun laws. Look what’s happening to semi auto ar 15 right now. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. When you educate people about NFA they may want to

Ban ownership. i.e. Nobody needs a machine gun etc. Some people already have that opinion. Tread softly for good intentions often go awry. JMO

I caution anyone on this. I was test firing a Mac 11a1 at a local gunshop i was wishing to purchase. After doing the deal and shaking hands in the parking lot a guy approached both of us. We found out he had video taped us shooting inside the gun shop and was now looking for info from us. He claimed to be a reporter. I wasnt very happy and told him to get away from us. I swapped $6300 and signed the form 4 paper work and left with the upper/mags. Im guessing this guy taped the whole transaction in the parking lot too.

nothing positive will come from discussing FA with a non-Fa person who is writing something.

All you need to know is people who collect are typically the most honorable, do the right thing type of people.

Hey there,

I'm a writer looking to talk with collectors of fully automatic firearms, who'd like to give the public an idea of the hobby.

The general public and media don't always understand how full auto usage and collection in the U.S. actually works — how restricted and regulated it is. This piece I'm working on would better explain the full auto, the market for them, and those who collect them.

I'd love to chat with any collectors out there. If anyone would be interested but still had some questions, I'd be more than happy to discuss beforehand

About myself: I'm a gun owner and have written a few times about firearms. I also work in private security, so firearms (at least the small, personal self-defense kind) are familiar part of my other gig. Unfortunately, I've only once had the pleasure of going to a machine gun shoot — good heavens was that fun.

I'm available at thatwinkler@gmail.com

Thanks so much,

Jeff Winkle

Most of the time that I have tried to educate people about NFA, and these people are mostly gun owners that were shooting at the range and were curious, their eyes kind of glaze over when you tell them what is involved and the cost involved. If it were me, I would not grant any interview because it will more than likely just be misconstrued among non-gun owners. I even had a guy at the range one time when I was firing my Mac10 and this guy had a whole bag of handguns probably at least a dozen guns tell me that machine guns are illegal and he is law enforcement and he knows all so I told the guy show me some ID and I will show you a Form 4. No ID no Form 4. He just kind of huffed and puffed and then walked away. I got the hell out of there that day. I don't want to deal with crazy people like that. Another time I was shooting my MK760 at the range and one of the other guys at the range told me I don't need a gun like that. My suggestion would be to be careful. And like I said I would under no circumstances ever grant an interview to anyone as I am pretty private, I think most guys on here are. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

The sad thing is, there are a lot of gun owners willing to give up other gun owners because they feel the gun you own is scary and there is no reason for you to own it. They just do not realize they too are in the sights of banning all guns.

Just like in the hunting world, archery hunters pissing about gun hunters, who piss about trappers, and those that feel hunting a mountain lion with a dog is somehow unsportsman like. We are all in it together, when one loses, we all lose.

Here is what you write:

Democratic leaders follow the mantra of what was bad is now good and what was good is now bad.

Republican leaders are sell outs

Semi-Auto rifles are full auto and evil unless they have wood stocks.

Gun Laws are hard to understand so why try.

Machine guns are illegal.

Bump Stocks are Machine guns.

A Machine Gun with a Bump Stock =total destruction

Suppressors are really silencers and would kill everyone if not on a Form 4.

SBS rifles and shotguns would kill everyone if not on a Form 4

I am from the Government and here to help.

Edited by NFA amnesty