Parts Sets

These have to be recent Russian imports.Look at the middle section of the receiver,and you will see the Russian armory markings near the top.These markings are identical to the ones depicted on Oleg Bakarov's old website.One more good reason not to buy.

REISINGSTAR http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

If this outfit is located in Zip code 63366, it begs the question..how did they get them imported into the heartland of America...without BATFE approval? Aside from the cut receiver, the rest of these parts kits that are showing up at IMA, Ohio ordnance, Omega etc. are they not "machine gun" parts being recently imported? Maybe I shouldn't ask http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

You assemble those parts with a new bolt; Zip tie around the front section and that damn gun will fire FA just as it sits!!

PLEASE ANYONE READING THIS!!

STAY AWAY this is a felony waiting to happen

Remember the PPSH kits with I/O a few years back??

I was told ATF made one fire with duct tape and a separated beer can (I PITTY the poor ass agent they made pull the trigger on that monstrosity!)

Just be smart, if it looks too good to be true it probably is!

Dave

Uh just a note, I understood what you said before the long explanation.... I was just making a little joke concerning a subject that has turned into a larger that life urban legend, which may or may not have it's basis on a true event. Rather than telling me the origins of duct tape I would like to see hard evidence of this duct tape sten/grease gun/ Thompson machine gun....

• 2 weeks later...

It sure would be sweet if everyone would "get their ducks in a row" before expressing an opinion on this forum. However, I suppose sorting through myths legends is what keeps it exciting.

As for the Soviet Thompsons, I have seen a couple of them and I sure wouldn't want to try to shoot one, tie-wrapped or otherwise. The chamber is drilled and blind pinned, and the barrel has a 1/8 inch wide saw cut from the chamber to the compensator. The upper receiver is cut (albeit saw cut), into three sections with about 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap between each section.

As previously noted, the demilled bolt and de-eared mag could be replaced, but believe me when I say, in their present state of preservation, "THEY WON'T SHOOT".

By the way, they were inspected and approved by US Customs and delivered by the USPS.

In answer to PhilOhio; I said I have seen a couple of them, one at a gun show three or four months back, and had a chance to examine them carefully. Don't know any details on what was inspected or approved except what I wrote in my earlier post. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

On another subject, is everyone aware of the campaing Bob Adams is waging to get another amnesty period. If not, may I suggest you take a look at his web-site then email your Congressman and Senators.

Phil;

Your reply to my original post sparked my interest so I did some more investigating. I managed to obtain the following additional info on the Soviet Thompsons which I believe will be of interest to you. A person who owns one was kind enough to retrieve the original shipping container from his garage so I could examine it carefully. He saved the package in case anything like this ever came up. Almost everything on it is written in Russian but there is one interesting rubber stamp on the brown wrapping paper in red ink, which reads, "Postmaster: This parcel has been licensed pursuant to the requirements set forth in the Gun Control Act and released by US Customs, New York". The owner said the package, which had been opened and the interior almost totally destroyed, was delivered by a US Postal Carrier and that his wife witnessed the delivery. I assure you the testimony of these two is reliable.