Mag Feed Lip Tools Are Shipping

If you are one of the many individuals who contacted me through a post on the board expressing an interest is a mag repair tool, please watch for a PM advising you that your tool is ready. If you receive a PM and are no longer interested please let me know that as well so I can go down the list. Thanks everyone for your interest and especially those who have already received their tool and expressed their satisfaction with it.

Received mine a few weeks back. It was well packaged and arrived shortly after Tiz (aka Carl) said it had shipped.

I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the quality and sturdiness of the magazine tool. I had a 30 round magazine with bent feed lips, that I was quickly able to straighten. I haven’t had the opportunity to test fire the magazine, but it appears to have exactly the same appearance of others I own. Would not hesitate to purchase. Well made and easy to use.

Received mine a few weeks back. It was well packaged and arrived shortly after Tiz (aka Carl) said it had shipped.

I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the quality and sturdiness of the magazine tool. I had a 30 round magazine with bent feed lips, that I was quickly able to straighten. I haven’t had the opportunity to test fire the magazine, but it appears to have exactly the same appearance of others I own. Would not hesitate to purchase. Well made and easy to use.

Autorotate,

Thanks. I am glad you are pleased. Although I feel the use of the tool is pretty intuitive, diid you feel the instructions were adequate?

Edited by Tiz

It was intuitive! No instructions necessary, but like to have in case I run into something unexpected.

Question for you...do you recommend painting or putting any sort of coating on the tool?

It was intuitive! No instructions necessary, but like to have in case I run into something unexpected.

Question for you...do you recommend painting or putting any sort of coating on the tool?

It is in the white so just wipe it down with a little oil to prevent any corrosion. I’m sure you an paint it or duracoat it if you wish but I do not think it is necessary although I did consider it.

Edited by Tiz

I can find the original link to the mag lip repair device , can someone please post it :)

I just bumped the original post to the top. Check the pictures. If you are interested PM me and I can add you to the order list. Price is $115.00 shipping included.

Thanks for your interest

On another note, I am very close to running out of material to fabricate the tools and I am not certain when I will be able to get more steel. The local supplier is closed due to the virus, therefor there may be a delay in production until I can get more material. I will keep everyone informed with posts on the board.

Keep an eye on your PM's if you are on the list. I have sent several PM's to members and gotten no reply, please let me know if you are no longer interested so I can go to the next interested party. Stay safe.

Tiz

• 2 weeks later...

I have been sending out PM's to those who have previously expressed interest in my Mag feed lip repair tool, however it appears that several PM's have gone unread. Please check for a PM if you originally expressed a desire to purchase one of the tools and let me know if you still want one. I have about 20 tools made and ready to go which comprises enough to cover preorders with some left over for anyone who would like one and did not initially express interest on the initial post. If you are someone who desires one of these tools, pictures appear on the original post. Let me know. Feed back has been awesome and I am gratified to be of service to the Thompson community and fellow board members.

Everyone be safe. No Covid 19 in our area, only 2 cases in the entire County.

Best

Tiz

• 2 weeks later...

I received my magazine tool today and just wanted to let you know that it works perfect and as far as I’m concerned it is a work of art thank you very much .Charles

Charles,

I am thrilled you are pleased, customer satisfaction is certainly paramount. Thanks for the feedback.

To date all orders have been filled however, i still have a limited number of feed lip tools available from the second production run if anyone is interested and was not on the pre-production order list. PM me if you want one. Thanks to everyone, It is a pleasure to serve the Thompson Community. Tiz

I received my magazine tool today and just wanted to let you know that it works perfect and as far as I’m concerned it is a work of art thank you very much .Charles

Charles,

I am thrilled you are pleased, customer satisfaction is certainly paramount. Thanks for the feedback.

To date all orders have been filled however, i still have a limited number of feed lip tools available from the second production run if anyone is interested and was not on the pre-production order list. PM me if you want one. Thanks to everyone, It is a pleasure to serve the Thompson Community. Tiz

PM sent.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old topic but I am interested in your mag tool. Please let me know if you still make them and if there has been a price change and how you would like payment.  Thanks, Steve45

so far ive used this tool on about 45 mags.   40 of my own and 5 for a friend.     i just use a ream to open the slot where the bolt goes in    its very hard to see where any metal has actually been removed so the bolt can be inserted.   i also bought a small brass hammer from harbor freight   that works nicely.