1928 Parts Kits

Hey Guys,

FYI, IMA is selling 1928 parts kits for $999. I do not know if this is old news? They just bought back a ton of parts sets that were imported in the mid 1990's. Bought one and thinking of doing a Post May sample with one of Richardson's 80% receivers, know of a few PDs that are tired of the 9mm subguns. With H&K making their UMP model in 45ACP. This could be a trend? Would be nice to keep the original 28 in the safe and use it for special occassions and the Post May for R&D, and perhaps some show and tell for the men in blue. Just spoke to Doug a few days ago, he stated that he would fire up the equitment and churn a few of them out. He is to try and get back by the Western Shoot in AZ to attend in early April. His eye sight has returned and so has his zest for machining TSMG stuff...

Who is Richardson and where can I see his 80% recievers?

Thanks

Rich Urich

Rich:

Check out the Frequently Asked Questions section. It has Doug Richardson's contact information. Mr. Richardson makes high quality Thompson parts and accessories, including various models of 80% receivers, as well as selling lots of Thompson literature.

The kits are nice. And not a bad deal. If you tried to find the parts seperatley it might cost more. I am presently working on a post sample Thompson 1921AC. It should be ready in a month or two. I will post pictures when it is done. I am using one of Dougs barreled 21AC receivers. A mint AOC lower that had never had parts put in it. New GI parts that have been nickeled where appropriate. Lyman adjustable site. Deer slayer wood and The Enfield colt replacement actuator buufer, pilot and main spring. It should be nice.

I was tracking a kit that "Sams Collectibles" was selling on eBay. I had just bought an IMA kit for $1k, and I guess I just wanted to confirm that I had gotten a good deal. I don't where Sam's got their parts, but they seemed pretty closely equivalent to IMA's. Sam's broke his up into several different auctions, 1 ea. for barrel assembly, bolt, stock, frame, etc. Anyway, Sams sold about 98% of an IMA kit, for about $1,700.