The American Thompson Association at the 2015 NRA Show

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp227/Colt1928/TATA%20Images/fd48561f-7683-402b-bd01-7753604e63a2.jpg

All,

I hope that you will be able to join The American Thompson Association at the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits, April 10, 11 and 12, 2015 in Nashville, Tennessee at the Music City Center. The American Thompson Association will be sponsoring an exciting exhibit that will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of the NRA Show. Volunteers from the membership will be needed to assist in the setup and breakdown of the exhibit, as well as provide manpower to greet the public and answer questions about the exhibit over the weekend. The initial setup will begin on April 8, 2015. As you are aware, The American Thompson Association is well known for creating visual displays that have won many awards at the NRA Shows over the years. This is primarily due to the hard work by the club founder, Tracie Hill, who puts a lot of time and effort into creating these displays. The membership of the club has also been an integral part of these displays by providing manpower to greet the public and answer any questions about the exhibit during the NRA Shows. This years theme is Colt Machine Guns and promises to be an exciting display.

Please contact me by email (cschauer@clpes.com) or phone (708-752-0527) if you can volunteer for a day or two or for the entire weekend to assist in setup or to volunteer to man the exhibit during the convention weekend. We need your help to continue the excellent track record The American Thompson Association has been able to establish at the NRA conventions, by providing award-winning displays that help promote our hobby to the public. If you can attend the NRA Show please contact me and let me know what days you will be available to volunteer to assist so I can began a list and schedule people. The American Thompson Association will secure a block of rooms when a convenient hotel is decided upon.

Thanks for your support of the American Thompson Association and the NRA.

Sincerely,

Chuck Schauer

President

The American Thompson Association

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp227/Colt1928/2015_main-header.jpg

If you have never attended a NRA Convention, this is a great site for your first one. Joining The American Thompson Association team at the convention will be an experience you will not forget. It is a lot of fun to be there on Thursday setting up before the masses arrive and during the Sunday afternoon tear down when everyone has left. I am working the convention on Saturday and Sunday this year and helping with the tear down. I am sure Chuck can use a few more hands on both ends of this project. All TATA members need to do is contact Chuck. Non-members can still contact Chuck and he will provide you the details to join this great organization and how to help at the NRA convention. Volunteers work the TATA exhibit only a few hours at a time and then are free to walk the show and see the sights - with an Exhibitors badge. This can be a great family affair. Once a TATA member, the show & shoot is just a few months away. 2015 can be a great Colt's and Thompson year!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again,

Bumping this to the top in case anyone missed it. Still looking for anyone willing to volunteer a portion of their time to assist with The American Thompson Association display. If you are planning to attend the NRA Annual Show anyway, please consider joining TATA and learn more about the organization and the upcoming Show and Shoot this July in Newark, Ohio. Feel free to PM me on this Board for more information.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up to the top one more time.

If you are planning on attending the National Rifle Association Meetings in Nashville, TN this weekend, please stop by The American Thompson Association booth and introduce yourself.

Thanks!

Chuck Schauer

Chuck

I will be at the show with my compny that is also one of the exhibitors.

I am really looking forward to visiting your booth and getting to meet all of you.

See you in a couple of days.

Jimmy

What name will be on the company display at the show?

All,

The NRA Meetings in Nashville this past weekend were a great success. Apparently, it was the second largest NRA gathering ever. The American Thompson Association display, in conjunction with the Dallas Arms Collectors, was a success with the folks that attended the event. Lots of visitors to the display and lots of questions. Tracie Hill's first production Colt Thompson No. 41 took a silver medal in the classic arms category. Maybe someone that took pictures can post a few?

We saw a couple of Board members at the show, Devil Dog 1110 and MNshooter stopped by to say hello. If you missed the NRA Meetings, plan on attending the American Thompson Association show and shoot in July. As Ron Brock mentioned in his post in the original thread about the All Thompson Show and Shoot, we need anyone that plans to attend to get their reservations in to Tracie Hill for a head count as soon as possible. I know that several first time members are planning on being there. It promises to be a memorable Thompson Show this year.